JWs in UK appealing for charity donations for beds

by edmond dantes 24 Replies latest jw friends

• StAnn
    StAnn

JWoods, these are probably the older people that got kicked out of Bethel so they wouldn't have to care for them in their old age. So they'll look the other way! LOL!

StAnn

• Gayle
    Gayle

The organization should have a responsibility to support these aging members and encourage the congregations to do the same. It is a fundamental mission and another shameful thing of the WTS to deny the care of its older people.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I remember an elderly sister going into one of these homes up North somewhere back inthe 80's, reckons she loved it. It was many years ago and i'm guessing it's probably the same people.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    JWoods, these are probably the older people that got kicked out of Bethel so they wouldn't have to care for them in their old age. So they'll look the other way! LOL!
    StAnn

That was going to be my next question. Pretty shameful in any case for an organization as rich as the WTBTS to be beggin for this externally for their members and not internally through the normal congregation channels.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

This is a problem of the JWs - they only practice their brand of Christianity to those of their own faith. This is why they have no real programs aimed at helping the poor and needy regardless of creed or race. They shame the Christ whom they profess to follow.

• aniron
    aniron

Charity Commision accounts at:

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/SHOWCHARITY/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1062023&SubsidiaryNumber=0

This is a problem of the JWs - they only practice their brand of Christianity to those of their own faith. This is why they have no real programs aimed at helping the poor and needy regardless of creed or race. They shame the Christ whom they profess to follow.

So true, they believe that Jehovah will sort everything in due time. So why give to a charity.

• losthusband
    losthusband

Having nothing better to do at the moment I have just looked at their latest accounts on the charities commision website.

This charity current has assets of approaching £9.4 million, however they have mortgages and loans totalling £6.8 million and have lost money as a charity of approx. £45,000.

This is why they are asking for donations........they have no money!!!

It should also be noted that this is not a free service for the aged JWs.

They are charged for staying there, it is only a few "beds" that are free!!

The last set of account reveal that they raised over £3 million in cash from charging their residents for their care....very charitable!!

PS Mexico 2 - France 0 ........ joy for an Englishman!!

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

The problem with the W/T Corporation ,well one of the myriad problems, is that it has a one way relationship business oriented set up. All the gains that go into making it a success are brought about by the work put into it by rank and file labourers who are motivated mainly by fear, fear of getting zapped at Armageddon and having to deal with the thoughts of everlasting death if they don't come up to the mark. They are not told that there is every possibility of reaching old age in fact it's odds on favourite that the majority will grow old but the Society do not really want you to think about that fact. As all of us old timers know, you are young one day and before you know it youth evaporates and before you realise its gone for ever. If you spend all your years with the misconception that you will have eternal youth problems are bound to occur and it is difficult enough to plan for old age as it is without the Watchtower Misinformation Society telling you a pack of porkies ( lies)

The one way relationship is the same as with any other bosses of a business who like to chant the mantra " if you don't shape up ,ship out. " but the difference is you generally get paid for shaping up. The Society are actually very bad at religion they are just good at selling castles in the sky they do not even have decent hymns for goodness sake. You do not get ( in my humble opinion) any real peaceful feelings that can lift you up sometimes which you can get from a mainstream religious service. I would say that true love is lacking in Watchtower land and I might also add there is a definite lack of wisdom.

The governing body claim charitable satus but unfortunately it's a one way street and we know where that street leads to . I would just like to add that in my time as a JW I knew an elderly couple who were around in 1914 .They had spent all their life pioneering etc. They worked full time from the days of their youth to old age serving the publishing corporation untill they died in the 1960s . Their home was a very dark upstairs appartment that seemed to hark back to Charles Dickens times. That was one of the many instances that made me question the Society.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Losthusband,

Mexico 2 France 0 well would you believe it.

The Jah Jireh care homes also receives finance from Local Authorities if any resident without the money to pay is in need of medical care. So the very wicked Worldly Authority controlled by the Devil is giving christian care to the more unfortunate of society. I wonder if they will do an article about it in the Awake.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

This caused a lot of division and bad feeling in my area when Jah Jireh turned up the heat to get several million £s for a care home / KH complex from the congregations.

They targeted high up elders 1st to get things going, then let them run with it. Obviously they knew the rank and file would largely follow the lead of these elders and get on the "doing good works" bandwagon along with the elders recruited for propagnda initially, ... Oh did I mention some were on the payroll and paid. That's right jobs for the boys.

Yes they got their care home and KH complex thru, but .... it caused a lot of division within the congregations.

It's a scam truth be told. its sold as being for elderly LONG TIME served CO, DO, Pioneers, bethelites faithful sisters etc, but in reality they take anyone who has capital assets that can be use to cover their expensive residential fees. But it hides behind the charity status. Care homes are often privately run in the UK and these are businesses. If a care home provider wants to build a new care home, they go to the bank for funding, yet Jah Jireh gets it's homes GIVEN to them through the gullibilty of the witnesses that this BUSINESS solely targets.

In the end the enthusiasm for it did die off a bit and it went a bit quiet mainly through COs telling the elders to back off as Jah Jireh is not approved by the WTS (but condoned). Too little too late as usual.

Did I mention I was dead against it? Cant you tell?

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit