Let me watch Benny Hinn or die!

by Cagefighter 15 Replies latest social current

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

S. African killed by wife, kids in TV spat

Associated Press

JOHANNESBURG -- Police say a South African man who wanted to watch a World Cup match instead of a religious program was beaten to death by his family in the northeastern part of the country.

David Makoeya, a 61-year-old man from the small village of Makweya, Limpopo province, fought with his wife and two children for the remote control on Sunday because he wanted to watch Germany play Australia in the World Cup. The others, however, wanted to watch a gospel show.

"He said, 'No, I want to watch soccer,'" police spokesman Mothemane Malefo said Thursday. "That is when the argument came about.

"In that argument, they started assaulting him."

Malefo said Makoeya got up to change the channel by hand after being refused the remote control and was attacked by his 68-year-old wife Francina and two children, 36-year-old son Collin and 23-year-old daughter Lebogang.

Malefo said he was not sure what the family used to kill Makoeya.

"It appears they banged his head against the wall," Malefo said. "They phoned the police only after he was badly injured, but by the time the police arrived the man was already dead."

All three were arrested Sunday night, but Lebogang was released on $200 bail Tuesday, Malefo said. The other two are still being held in custody.

Malefo said the mother and son will reappear in the local Seshego Magistrates Court on July 27.

"He was always a happy man, never violent," Makoeya's nieces, Miriam and Anna, told the Daily Sun newspaper. "On Saturday, we saw him the last time at a funeral."

The World Cup, being played in Africa for the first time, started Friday and runs through July 11.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I must admit Benny Hinn makes me feel homicidal too.

• StAnn
    StAnn

This is amazing. Are these people insane? I hope this whole family is certifiable because otherwise this is just unforgivable.

StAnn

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It's so crazy.

I really used to like the guy's show. He was so funny. Especially when he used to pat the little bald guy on the head and warm up his hands on the women's butts. I still have several of his old shows on tape.

I miss Benny Hill.

Rub a Dub

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Benny Hinn not Benny Hill

• undercover
    undercover

benny hill, benny hinn.... both of em make me laugh

• Cagefighter
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I miss Benny Hill. Rub a Dub

Hehe I had to rub my eyes to re-read what you wrote. Hinn vs Hill~!! Not such a big difference, I guess!

It's really shocking how many instances of domestic violence occur near the time of Bible study.

Scary, really.

-Aude.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I never saw Benny Hinns show but now that I know it's not the same as Benny Hill's I hope it was funny too.

Rub a Dub

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

During my nursing career, I worked for a short time on a psychiatric unit. There was an older woman on the unit that had bipolar disorder and psychotic episodes. She was OBSESSED with Bennie Hinn. I had never heard of the man before this. She would become violent if she couldn't watch him. This woman was in her mid-70s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit