Is Obama behaving like a Dictator?

by Cagefighter 38 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, Obama is acting like a dictator !!!

My wife and I have received blue/grey uniforms in the mail and have been told to attend the military rally downtown this weekend.

Any in the neighborhood that do not participate have been warned that Obama will not be pleased.

Thank goodness we are Obama supporters.

Rub a Dub

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The legality hinges on how Obama got BP to pony up. Was it extorted? Was it voluntary? You can't just seize assets without a court order.

BTS

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Something is up... I wondered Tues night where does 20 Billion come from? How could Obama just arbitirarly toss that number at the public without being sure he was going to get that? He had to have had already made the agreement with BP prior to Tues nights speech.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Oh, you guys nearly had me going there for a minute! My bad! I forgot the new rule of political discussion since the Republicans lost the election and Obama won: If Obama does it, he's wrong. If Obama doesn't do it, he's wrong. Got it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's just funny American's who are scared of change talking.

Nothing is good enough for some of you.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Whoa whoa whoa..... When Bush wanted to bail out the banks with 720 billion did he just ride up on a horse and take it with gun's a blazing?

I seem to remember him selling it to the people and congress voting and passing it (much to my dissappointment).

Again, no one can show me where the president has the power or authority to do this....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    When Bush wanted to bail out the banks with 720 billion did he just ride up on a horse and take it with gun's a blazing?

Cagefighter ....

Not sure if you took a hard one to the head, but Bush was talking about taxpayer money ... in the BP matter, we have a foreign entity involved.

Rub a Dub

• JeffT
    JeffT

Bizzy is right, think of it as an out court settlement. He can't order them to do it, but a hard discussion about BP's responsibility in the matter is not acting outside the authority of the office. In fact, big chunks of what a President does is based on persuassion not power, something that both Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton understood.

• JWoods
    JWoods

It might be of interest to note that a business commentator said on the morning news today that BP really has only about 17 Billion total in liquid assets at this time.

Some sort of underlying quid-pro-quo has to be going on with this. Obama did not have legal authority to do this, other than through the power of intimidation.

I suspect that Obama would be far from averse to doing another government takeover of a private business.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

BP is private property of the shareholders? All I am saying is doesn't it scare anyone that the President can just demand this kind of money? Does BP have insurance for this does anyone care?

If I hit you with my car and the other guy jumps out and shakes me down for cash, I am calling the cops. I have car insurance for that stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit