Jesus wants you off of the internet and to stop reasoning - w 9/15/2010 pg. 27

by wannabefree 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Watchtower 9/16/2010 pg. 27 paragraph 9

"I am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give to you individually according to your deeds." (Rev. 2:23) That statement indicates that Christ observes not only the collective conduct of each congregation but also the lifestyle of its individual members.

Jesus commended Christians in Thyatira "who did not get to know the ‘deep things of Satan.' " (Rev. 2:24) Today, he likewise approves of those, young or old, who refrain from delving into the "deep things of Satan" by means of the Internet or violent video games or by indulging in permissive human reasonings.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

The word "lifestyle" You it means they are going to give them one more reason to look down on other people when you see that word.

• Cagefighter
  • yknot
    yknot

Geez......

Business wise it is really in their best interest to develop a more 'Mormon' like community atmosphere.....

Control could easily be achieved on a grand scale by creating a JW-safe search engine, expanding Gilead to include college courses, and other endorsed usage of JW-owned businesses.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

"refrain from delving into the "deep things of Satan" by means of the Internet"

I think this is sort of a plug for JWN, Freeminds, JWfacts ... and other sites used by the spirit of Satan

• peacedog
    peacedog

lol @ "indulging in permissive human reasonings"... who writes this stuff??

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

For an invisible ruler this dude sure make a lot of frikkin rules.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Perhaps we can avoid "permissive human reasonings" as far as the meaning of the word "generation", hmm? And perhaps they may as well add that "Jesus must have had the Internet and violent video games in mind when he said:"

The "deep things of Satan" are hardly limited to any particular technological advancement. But perhaps it was Satan's system that created the Internet, you know, that place where jw.org and watchtower.org reside? If you want to break WT rules--or any rule, for that matter--you're going to find a way. Even when I believed I always bristled when they'd blast the Internet and violent video games--two of my favorite pasttimes. Maybe if I want to ponder God's Word, I can certainly read about sex and violence by the boatload there, too. It's just 'educational' sex and violence, of course.

So the September WT issue is out, huh? Will have to download it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes it's on the WTS site now, or at a KH near you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George

• peacedog
    peacedog

On a side note...

The article quotes Rev 2:23, which has Jesus saying: "I am he who searches the kidneys and hearts, and I will give to you individually according to your deeds."

A bold claim, considering Jer 17:10: "I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys, even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings."

Jesus claims to be "he" (or "the one") who searches the kidneys and hearts, etc; in the face of Jeremiah 17:10, this can only be taken as a claim of Deity.

Also, 1 Kings 8:39: "then may you yourself hear from the heavens, your established place of dwelling, and you must forgive and act and give to each one according to all his ways, because you know his heart (for you yourself alone well know the heart of all the sons of mankind)"

Just saying....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit