From priviliged to ashamed

by wannabefree 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I am also ashamed that I spelled privileged wrong ... but to a lesser degree.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes I'm not so proud of using a double double? negative in my post...lol...I actually meant that God would be aware of your motives .....why couldnt I just say it simply....

Loz x

• flipper
    flipper

WANNABFREE- Don't be ashamed my friend. We ALL got sucked in by cult mind control. ANYBODY can be duped by an organization which promises living forever in a paradise earth, claiming that ONLY THEY have the truth of what life is about - AND - that ONLY THEY can interpret the almighty God's messages to us as mankind. It's not intelligence of people that causes them to be sucked in- but the feeling of being SPECIAL and PRIVILEGED . The WT society are marketing schemers and we just got deceived by their false marketing ploys. Be glad you got out when you did !

NOW - the thing to do is learn from our past and move on to a happy future. Keep on doing that and you'll have a better feeling about yourself

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

ThinkAboutIt - You HAVE to read CoC. Please put that on your to-do-list right away. You will not regret it. I promise.

-mentallyfree31-

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i went through the same feeling of disapointment that I was not "special" I thought we were the chosen people and then NOT!!!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

As for getting out ... my name is still accurate, I would have left a month ago if not for my wife and children, our lives are fully woven into the borg, I am working on it though, there is no way I can go back mentally without a lobotomy

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You were drawn into a scam. If you lacked Internet access at the time you were drawn in, they are wholly to blame because you had no way to get accurate information. They cut off family and friends by saying Satan will use them to dissuade you from the witlesses. To get unbiased information, you needed a physical trip to a library or book store, and Brother Hounder could be there to make sure you don't get any "bad" books. And then you need to know what to look for--regular church is demonized, along with all other unbiased information.

What puzzles me is not how people were drawn in during the 1980s. It is that a few are drawn in even to this very day--especially if anyone has Internet access and still gets dragged in. You could take a book today and go online, research it, and get a million search results (with most of them independently bashing it). I regularly do this kind of cross-referencing before deciding whether or not to order something about which is hotly debated. And, when nearly every independent source bashes something, especially a religion, you have to know something is wrong.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Continuing my journey down the rabbit-hole ... I just finished chapter 10 CoC ... finding it harder and harder to stay in JW land (mentally I am not there, but having a hard time putting up with it for the sake of not losing all my rights as husband and father at the insistence of the reilgion)

The Matrix: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Finished CoC yesterday.

I can't help but see the GB in a very different light. Amazing how they wanted Ray gone and washed their hands of it each step of the way, can't help but think about how Pontius Pilate washed his hands to symbolize being free of the blood of Christ when he knew an innocent man was about to be handed over for death.

I just angers me thinking about it again, the way they had no love for the so-called apostates and would just discard them all like trash. It hurts thinking about Ed Dunlap, hoping to just ride it out, willing to be moved to work in carpentry, then to just be thrown to the curb. Fills me with emotion thinking about the kind, 72 year old man hanging wallpaper and working well past 80 yrs of age to support his wife and himself. Heartless.

There is no way this can be God's organization.

I certainly admire Ray. I regret it took me so long to learn what a good man he was.

On to Releasing the Bonds and In Search of Christian Freedom

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

we all wanted something an answer a future a peaceful world someone gave us a drug & told us the paradise land was true and we wouldn't have to die the animals would be friendly god was loving just as we had hoped & would satisfy all our dreams.

then one day the drug wore off the rosy colored glasses came off and we were back to square one but we refused to take another dose because we knew it wasn't real. so here we are

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit