From priviliged to ashamed

by wannabefree 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I just finished chapter 8 of Crisis of Conscience.

I used to feel humbled, but priviliged to think that Jehovah drew me to his organization. So few find it and he allowed me!

Now I feel humbled, but ashamed that I never examined the religion and got sucked in.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Well, don't be ashamed. Alot of people got suckered in. At least you finally woke up, so many die never having known the real truth.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I've not read CoC yet. What in particular makes you feel this way?

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

Ahhh sweety.......

You are in a very big boat .....

If every man who joined for the same reasons as you; suddenly woke up and left....... The only males we would have left in my congregation is 1 elder (62), 2 MSs (age 19, 20 yrs old) and juvenile boys under their mama's wing.

There would be no fathers at all in our KH.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Keep reading.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I've not read CoC yet.

Do you have a desire to read it?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Chapter 8 is entitled "Justification and Intimidation" if that gives you any clue. It deals with how the Borg justifies itself as God's mouthpiece and intimidates its victims into submission to it despite a 100% failure rate when it comes to prophetic interpretation.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Do you have a desire to read it?

From what I have heard, I think it would be interesting to read. A friend was going to loan me their copy to read, but we never got around to exchanging it. I've mentioned to my son to look for it for me when he's in the bookstore. I've been out 15 yrs and not read it, so it's not like it's a high priority for me.

Think About It

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I don't know that I ever felt 'privileged' in the religion. I heard people say that but the feeling escaped me. I read C of C many years into my fade and all it did was just confirm what I already knew. It made me feel angry more than anything especially in view of the time I wasted there. The nerve of these men with their bait and switch tactics! There ought to be a law against this.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Ah dont be ashamed at all. Your motives were sound and I dont doubt for one second that God wasnt/isnt aware of this. I think about all this a lot at present while I'm into Ray's second book which is even more eye opening I think (and C of C blew my mind )...and I've been thinking about all those still inside who believe they are doing all they do for 'Jehovah' God unaware of how badly the Org is messed up.....

I remember reading on this forum that C of C was a MUST for all exJWs and I totally agree....if only we could get JWs to read it too...

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit