Some things you did as a JW that you look back at and laugh about

by gubberningbody 17 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Spent 5-6 hours being terrified and saying silent repetitive prayers on a Greyhound bus because a fellow passenger was reading a big book with the word "oracle" in the title and all I could imagine was a huge accident d/t "demons" because of this guy and his oracle book. It wasn't until a few years later that I became aware of the software Oracle. Yes he was a college aged guy, reading a book I now recognize as a textbook, and I'm sure he was wondering why this weird chic was glaring at him.
    I still feel retarded anytime I think of that, or read the word oracle.

Oh, serenity, darling!! You are so cute!! I luvs ya!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

i heard the most beautiful music on cd and thought: someone who can create such beauty to bring me to tears would surely appreciate the truth!

so i sent a letter and witnessed to him

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

When I was "inactive" I dated a "worldly" girl. Years later, when I was feeling more "spiritual" I talked to her again. She told me how her mother had recently died. I "witnessed" to her about "the real condition of the dead". She never talked to me again.

• yknot
    yknot

I really believed in 'the truth'......(the actual WTS definition)

I was so sure of everything, had all the answers......

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

In college I stumbled across a book on Jehovahs Witnesses at the library. I was afraid it was "apostate" so I threw it in the garbage!!! I'm not sure what kind of book it was, it had lots of coloured pictures...maybe it was from the WTBTS?

In high school, everyone was assembled in the gym and had to pretend to vote. I was such a loser that I tried to avoid voting, and then lied and told my teacher I already voted even though I didn't cause it was "bad." I guess lying was less bad?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I had a chance to lose my virginity to a hot girl in High School with huge knockers... Just could bring myself to go all the way... I never got another shot at her again. Kicked myself in the ass for that forever!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree with aquagirl. Participating in those ridiculous skits on Thursday nights. My father, at one time, was the TMS "servant" as they called it back then. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHH!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"My father, at one time, was the TMS "servant" as they called it back then."

Mine too. But I actually liked giving talks. I enjoyed public speaking and wanted to make a living at it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit