Some things you did as a JW that you look back at and laugh about

by gubberningbody 17 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Me. I remember that right after France did a job on the WTBS w/taxes on donations I used an email-harvester and spammed about 250,000 french email addresses with an advertisement for free bible studies and a link to the French site.

I remember getting some replies, like "You can't do that, that's illegal." and I said "I'm an American, and it's legal here." (It was then, they tightened up the regs since then.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One of the most stupid things I did because of being a witless, besides wasting my time and resources, has to do with Christmas lights. They had some lights up at work, and I disabled the set by pulling out one bulb from each circuit and resetting it so the contacts would not set right. That killed the whole set, and I ended up having to reset those bulbs I tampered with (which did fix the set, because they once again made contact).

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Got into a big thing with this "worldly" girl at work about how inappropriate it was for her to wear a pantsuit to church. Where is that Picard "palm slap, too dumb for words poster?"

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Spent 5-6 hours being terrified and saying silent repetitive prayers on a Greyhound bus because a fellow passenger was reading a big book with the word "oracle" in the title and all I could imagine was a huge accident d/t "demons" because of this guy and his oracle book. It wasn't until a few years later that I became aware of the software Oracle. Yes he was a college aged guy, reading a book I now recognize as a textbook, and I'm sure he was wondering why this weird chic was glaring at him.

I still feel retarded anytime I think of that, or read the word oracle.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I look back and laugh at some of my "deep comments" at the meetings.

Oh did I love to add something "meaningful" to those discussions.

-Sab

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

trusting Elders thinking they were looking after my best interests.

• man in black
    man in black

The first time I pioneered I thought that I had gained membership into a special "club"

All the stupid questions and pretend situations that everybody thought were so important, "well we dont want to do THAT because we might stumble somebody"

Alright, I need a drink now

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"The first time I pioneered I thought that I had gained membership into a special "club""

I remember my aunt saying it is worth it to pioneer just to get to go to pioneer school. The pioneers are in a special club, they are considered better than us lowly <10/month pubs.

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

As a teen I saw a witness girl making out with her worldy b.f.

I told an elder in her cong. about it.

"You may have saved her life." He said. I felt like a rat, still do a bit.....

H

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Writing and participating in the little "skits' or "talks" on thursday nights.They were SOOOO corny!!!! Its embarrassing now to thing about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit