A Picture Worth 10,000 Words

by snowbird 17 Replies latest social current

• White Dove
    White Dove

Islam is behind the bombing and killing of untold numbers of people. Damn straight I don't like Islam and don't trust those who follow it. Flame me!

Or, better yet, kiss me!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Islam is behind the bombing and killing of untold numbers of people.

Right on!

Of course, people also used Christianity to promote and justify slavery, murder, genocide, etc. Probably should avoid that religion too.

Damn straight I don't like Islam and don't trust those who follow it. Flame me!

Bingo! Of course, Islamic culture did pretty much invent algebra, most of trigonometry, the scientific method, pharmaceutical sciences, invented many surgical instruments, contributed to new methods of architecture, agriculture, philosophy.....

But hey! Christianity gave us...the dark ages and interesting new ways to kill people.

Or, better yet, kiss me!

Heck, if you're cute I'll make out with you.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hmmm...,

• glenster
    glenster

Eww, a nice thread about how the world is better without 'centricity has taken a couple of 'centric turns.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

There's inexhaustive information about 'then' American Blacks/African-Americans fleeing the United States to freedom up here in Canada.

Uncle Tom's cabin, in southwestern Ontario.

Do a search on Canada's vignettes regarding this matter on YouTube.com - there's plenty.

In Atlantic Canada where my family originate. When 1776 rolled around; anyone who wanted freedom; whomever could get to any Atlantic port, could have freedom by heading to Nova Scotia.

It wasn't perfect; far from it. They suffered terribly, yet over many years - toiling and progressing their way, they have become some of THE most outstanding Canadians, ever.

To my American neighbours; whether you love or hate your president: we were very proud of you for being able to vote in a president whom had parentage of both sides of the ethnic helix.

It can only get better.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Are the pictures we saw a while back from your family? Has that been your family home for a while?

No, those are descendants of a farsighted man who founded a school for Black children in 1893.

Google Twenty-five Years In the Black Belt and Fallen Prince, you will get a synopsis of his story.

My alcoholic father lost his homestead; we, his children, were plunged into deep poverty and despair.

But, we survived!

Hallelujah!

Syl

• not a captive
    not a captive

Thnks for the post--I'm going to google that after I get this load up the mountain.

Your uphill fight to survive and thrive... oh, God...I'm so happy his children didn't go down forever after your homeplace and father crashed.

Did you ever read All God's Dangers: the Life of Nate Shaw?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I'm going to google that after I get this load up the mountain.

I wish I was there to help.

Did you ever read All God's Dangers: the Life of Nate Shaw?

No, ma'am, I haven't.

I'm putting it on my list!

Thanks so much.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit