I think its a good thing nobody gets or even notices the generation change "new light"

by cognac 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Blondie - Where do you get the figure of 70,000 leaving after the 1925 failed prediction? Interesting. I don't think I have seen an actual number before.

-mentallyfree31-

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Good thread. Like Blondie touched on - I believe Jehovah's Witnesses keep believing this drivel because they are PROGRAMMED to through cult mind control. If something gets repeated enough inside their brains it's very well known that through the use of mind control and "loaded " language the mind turns off and just accepts it without listening or ANY critical thinking. On the threads I've read about the " Generation Overlap " WT study yesterday - it seems that most JW's just sat there and it went in one ear and out the other . Many JW's have stopped listening at meetings because their brains are stuck in " neutral " because they don't HAVE to think anymore. The WT society is doing ALL their thinking for them.

It's really sad. It's like every JW is a Zombie robot who have had a lobotomy performed on their brain like Jack Nickelson did in the movie " One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest ". And I blame the leaders of the WT society for that. Unfortunately they have witnesses right where they want them. They could EASILY offer them kool-aid with poison in it and they'd drink it right now . They've led them THIS far - already wasted many lives. Crazy cult. I'm gonna keep trying gradually with my JW relatives though. I won't give up

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The book I'm reading right now, "Mistakes Were Made (but not by me)" talks about the psychology behind sticking to a belief in the face of evidence showing the belief is wrong. It was recommended by someone on a thread here and I'm glad it was. Excellent book and an easy read for people who don't have a psychology background; there is hardly any heavy jargon. Also, the book is well sourced with references, unlike most Borg lit.

• shamus100
    shamus100

How to Accept Change

Change happens all the time, but it can sometimes be difficult to accept. Since most people feel more comfortable with familiar people, places, ideas and situations than we do with unfamiliar ones, change can seem foreign. But just as change itself is a process, so is the gradual movement toward accepting it. The following steps can help guide you through the process, making change easier to accept.

Difficulty: Moderately Challenging Instructions
    1. Step 1

Anticipate change. Since change is a natural part of life, expect things to change fairly often. This prepares you for change and prevents you from getting caught off-guard when it happens.

2. Step 2

View change as an opportunity for growth. Since growth can't occur without change, look at change as a positive rather than a negative thing. See it as a means of developing personally, improving your circumstances and bettering your life.

3. Step 3

Recognize that learning to accept change doesn't happen all at once. Most people go through the following four stages before finally accepting a change: Denial, Resistance, Exploration and Commitment. So, give yourself the time you need to thoroughly deal with each stage and then move freely and naturally from one to the other.

4. Step 4

Be flexible. Make the best of changes you can't prevent, rather than wasting your energy fighting them. Channeling your energy in a positive direction gives you not just a greater sense of empowerment in handling the situation, but also greater control over the final outcome of the change.

5. Step 5

Accept the change. Embrace the opportunity to break new ground. Welcome the chance to demonstrate your ability to face a challenge creatively. You'll emerge from the experience stronger, wiser and more confident than you were before.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What is this "change" you speak of? I am only familiar with "new light" not change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit