I just got back from the KH

by treadnh2o 25 Replies latest members private

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Reminds me years ago I heard many times the statement " If I hold in my hand a black covered book and the Society says said it is green, than green it is"

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I'll post this here too. I already posted it in the other two threads I found about it.

I went for the first and last time.

The guy leading it skipped completely over it.

The only mention of overlap was when it was read from the paragraph by the other dude. I looked around while the guy was reading and a guy in the audience was smiling. When the guy reading finished, the guy leading read the question at the bottom and the guy in the audience who had been smiling read back the sentence in the paragraph, which didn't deal with overlapping, and then the guy leading it moved on to paragraph 15.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thanks for takin one for the team. Now have a drink to wash out all that shit they said.

• Paulg123
    Paulg123

funny that you mentioned Microphones being passed around during the watchtower study because when i was a kid,our KH was across the street from my Paternal Grandmother and they always had someone standing there toward the front and everytime a question was asked,they'd pick someone and the guy would walk toward that person with the Mic and they'd say what they wanted to say. By the time i was 8,that KH was starting to get crowded so a lot of the elders and overall help built a new one. Since that was finished,they stopped using Mics. i never understood why. Either it was a command from the Society or no one cared for it anymore. anyway...

• Paulg123
    Paulg123

invetigator,your comment was the same exact comment my uncle Dan,who is still a JW,said once. although he second it by saying "If the Watchtower society says the New World Translation Bible is Purple,then by god it's Purple." lol.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"invetigator,your comment was the same exact comment my uncle Dan,who is still a JW,said once. although he second it by saying "If the Watchtower society says the New World Translation Bible is Purple,then by god it's Purple." lol."

Wow, I did not grow up in a house that had those beliefs. My mom hated the society when we were growing up. She told us all the time that if what we read in the WT wasn't supported by scripture to not pay any attention to it. It was cool in some ways, but it made it easier for them to float alot of BS past me w/out me really thinking too hard about it. At some point it got to where I felt like, how much of this am I going to ignore as BS and still agree that they are God's channel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit