When will they appoint new GB members...

by Mickey mouse 23 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Bowen and Malenfant are (anointed).

Oh they are real people? I thought that was a joke.

How about appointing someone from outside the US? Come on you guys! I am sure there are plenty of anointed in Zambia for example.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Oh yes, Bowen used to be a Gilead instructor and Malenfant is the vice-president of the Society if I remember correctly.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Jim Martin, he has been in Bethel for 30 years. He is one of the annointed. They probably will choose not well known individuals. I never heard of Stephen Lett, Guy Pierce, David Splane and Samuel Herd before they were appointed on the GB. I was thinking they might choose someone that already has been in the circuit work in the past.

• yknot
    yknot

Frankly...

I think it unwise to appoint anyone else.....

Dear Brother Barr will pass away probably in the next 3-5 years and they will be down to a un-even seven.

That said on the Spanish ExJW site (www.extj.com) it was speculated that an American black man would be next, followed by a Hawaiian of Asian decent. With a plan to round up to an Apostle 12..... granted I think that is just crazy talk because you need an uneven number for tie breakers!

That all said most things are presented to the GB via 'given ones' comittees.

• St George of England
    St George of England

William F Malenfant - Vice President - WTB&TS of Pennsylvania (Inc 1884)

Leon Weaver Vice President - Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (Inc 2000)

George

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

The GB is smaller now than it has ever been (since the GB arrangement in current form started in 1971). I dont believe it will be like this for long, they might suddenly appoint 5 new ones or so, like in 2000 they appointed 4.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    plan to round up to an Apostle 12..... granted I think that is just crazy talk because you need an uneven number for tie breakers!

Considering the two thirds majority rule, I don't see where even or uneven numbers come into it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

scratching my brain , never heard of Weaver, what about long time WC members Quackenbush and Whalen?

• asilentone
    asilentone

jookbeard, if you would google Leon Weaver, Jehovah, you will see many results. Most of us have heard of him.

• yknot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit