JW invisibility = shame?

by gubberningbody 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

It strikes me that JW's don't believe any of this stuff the WTBS is putting out anymore. I never see them anywhere.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I have more people at my door collecting for charities or school raffles than I’ve had JWs visit me.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Same here. There was no invite to the Memorial or the DC this year either. I've lived here almost 4 years and I've spoken to them once. Last year they left a Memorial invite in my door. This is the 1 and only invite I have ever received. I also work from home regularly and they just haven't been here.

Maybe that one encounter gave me a 'do not return' ticky mark. I have my own personal strategy when talking to them. I make sure I let them know who THEY are (because they don't tell you) and I tell them my Dad is a JW and I get the magazines from him (which means they don't leave any). Then I recount a personal story of tragedy regarding the JWs within our family. That usually inspires an "I gotta get the hell outta here!" atmosphere for them and they can't wait to get off my porch.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I haven't seen them here on 3 or 4 years, and I have always treated them politely.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Mad Dawg, whats your address, I will let them know you would like a visit.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Ha, Ha! I thought about signing up for one of their book Bible studies just so I can ask them questions, based on what I have learned on this board (Thanks to all for the education! ) But I decided that I would lie in wait. I don't want them saying, "You asked for a Bible study and this is how it is done."

• BoomTown
    BoomTown

Next time they come to my door(to try and re activate me) I will send em' your way.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I see them in my neighborhood all the time, but I'll be doggoned if I can figure out what they're doing, because they never come to the door. There was a car group parked down from my house on Saturday and I saw them walking around, but never saw them approach a door.

In fact, I see JWs all the time in the downtown area, but they're generally just walking slow, chatting with each other, and holding up the magazines so passersby can see the titles.

I don't know if this is something new, or just something that happens in Sacramento, but I know what my JW great-grandma and grandma would have said about doing that and counting time for it!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm in a secured building...does that mean we are all doomed? Will everyone here die at the big A just because we want to feel secure?? How will we ever hear the "Good News"? Woe is us....

Does god make any provisions for people like us? The JW's can't reach us..............

• moshe
    moshe
    -but I'll be doggoned if I can figure out what they're doing

Well just walk up to those JW's ask them. It won't be hard to find out that they are clueless as you suspected all along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit