Too Much Coffee

by daniel-p 42 Replies latest social physical

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I work midnights 11 to 7. I drink 20 ounces of coffee a night which is about 2 and 1/2 cups.

It might be too much for me to sleep well in the morning, but its enough to keep me awake through the night.

When I was younger, I used to drink about 40 ounces a day.

When I was in my 30's I thought several times I was having a heart attack. I went to the hospital had an ekg

visited my doctor he finnally told me to cut down on the coffee and exercise more.

Coke or pepsi can be just as bad or just as good as coffee for a caffene buzz. I think there is more caffene in

Coke than in a regular cup of coffee.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

So I looked up Jamaican Blue Mountain... not too sure what the appeal is, but apparently, it's this really, really high Jamaican man in the mountains eating coffee beans, pooping them out, and then other people coming in and roasting them, sort of like that other coffee where people roast the pooped-out beans of monkeys.

• snowbird
    snowbird

"Daniel, pee!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_Blue_Mountain_Coffee

It has a smooth, non-bitter flavor, yet is rich and robust.

Syl

• tec
    tec

No coffee.

My husband used to black out and then pass out from a reaction to too much coffee.

So we drink tea. 3-4 cups/day.

If I'm tired or I haven't eaten, even that amount of caffeine will make me sick.

Tammy

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmm.... Interesting, Tec... Funny, the response my body had to coffee, wasn't due to the caffeine, apparently...

I can drink black tea all day long, chai mostly, and have no effect...

However, I can't drink GREEN tea - I'm up all night, if I do... And don't even mention WHITE tea!!! That stuff REALLY keeps me up!! I don't think it's the caffeine content - rather, I think I'm reacting to something else in these beverages, but WHAT it could be - [shrugs...] No clue...

I really like Rooibos, can drink Maté with no problems, and luv mint [herbal], rosehips [herbal] - heck, most herbal teas...

But I really - REALLY - miss being able to have a cup of coffee once or twice a week...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It has a smooth, non-bitter flavor, yet is rich and robust.

I'm sure it is, Sylvia, I'm sure it is.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Much better, grasshopper.

Syl

• tec
    tec

Ziddina - that's interesting. I never thought about it being anything other than the caffeine in the tea. But I'm also wired if I drink Green tea, more so than regular.

Tammy

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Tea has Theophylline in it. It can give you the jitters too. I don't remember all the pharmokinetics about it. I know that Theophylline derivatives are used in some inhalers for asthma, which is why some people get all jittery after taking a few puffs of the inhaler with Theophylline.

Green tea doesn't bother me as much as black tea. As far as coffee goes, I can drink about a 1/4 cup twice a day. More than that and I'm bouncing off the walls.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I used to drink way too much coffee- apparently that's an American thing. I still have a cup almost every day in the morning but not everyday and don't waste it on crappy coffee. Lately Kona blend seems to be doing nicely, no sugar no cream...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit