To You, Is "Nice" a Four-letter Word?

by snowbird 51 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Here in the South, being nice is simply about being.

Not sure what you are saying here Syl explain for a Westerner?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Nice over here is a bit of a lame liking of someone/thing....when my late mum said 'Oh its quite nice' I knew she hated it lol...

Loz x

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'll explain it to ya beks.... come closer for a second....

• beksbks
    beksbks

YOU, Monkey, are NOT nice!

But I love ya!

• shamus100
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I mean it's ingrained in you from the time you begin to "people" with others to be nice.

Why?

For nice's sake.

Syl

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!! Beks, I'm a Westerner, too - but unfortunately married to a Southerner from Florida...

Southerners like to say, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!" [Now, this is typical of Southern thinking... Who in their right mind WANTS to catch flies???]

Sorry... Digressed, there... It means that, to a Southerner, 'nice' is an innate part of who they are... Southerners seem to try to see only 'beauty', in the world and in their fellow man...

But from what I'VE observed in my husband, it leads to some unpleasant side effects...

He tends to ignore and gloss-over peoples' nasty, vicious, and even downright dangerous behavior... He tries to see the "best" in people, and as a result, I'VE had to defend MYSELF - with absolutely NO HELP from him!!! He's even gone so far as to BERATE ME FOR DEFENDING MYSELF!!!

That was mind-boggling and jaw-dropping, for me... Happened both with verbal abuse and actual physical threat...

Good thing I'm a mean Western she-devil...

Zid

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Nice is a place in France but I have no idea how to spell the word.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and Beks?

Stay away from the monkey... Unless you've got a cattle prod...

Zid

• shamus100

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit