"Armageddon is Weeks Away" Phrase...Is WT pushing this phrase more recently?

by mentallyfree31 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I'm wondering if this phrase is perhaps being pushed recently in letters to the elders or circuit overseers. I have heard it a time or two here in the last few days on the forum - specifically from a bethelite.

Also, the last conversation i had with my presiding overseer about 5 weeks ago, he used this exaxt phrase: "i believe armageddon is only weeks away".

I know its been right around the corner for 130 years, but it seems this exact phrase seems to be floating around a lot lately.

What are your thoughts? JW's usually don't think for themselves - they just repeat what those above them say. So it seems maybe this is being handed down from the top lately.

Agree or disagree?

-mentallyfree31-

• ssn587
    ssn587

One must be able to recognize BS when they hear it, as if they would have any idea when the end (whatever that is) comes.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Our PO went to the elder's school last October and this older sister in the hall was going on and on about how the PO was saying the end was closer then any of us thinks as he was told this at the school.

Now the CO is coming the 13th through the 18th of July and one of his talks is that the systems end is so close. Though the words were not weeks away it was strongly implied. I think everyone is getting tired of waiting and waiting and they are having to vamp things up. But when it does not happen in just weeks then what. I mean how long can this go on for another 100 years? Maybe there are that many stupid people out there.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hard to imagine the WT officially short-cycling the Arm-a-geddin con game down to "weeks". Back channel only. Total deniability. Still, just how stupid are JWs?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah, 60,000 weeks sounds alot closer!!!!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Still waiting for the shout of "peace and security"

If I hear that in a week or two then there is a possibility of weeks away.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember hearing the same crap back in June 2007. Someone speculated that the end was coming on June 12, 2007--and, predictably, nothing happened. It could be weeks away--tens of billions of weeks away.

• asilentone
    asilentone

if it does not come this year, then it is all bullshit.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I think its totally true and logical, since in 1974 it was according OKM just months away, it makes sense, now, as times go, it is just weeks away....

I think in 2050 it will be just days away and in 2120 just hours away....

Albert

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I heard they pin pointed the day of the week. Yes it is actually going to occur on a Wednesday, plus or minus up to 3 days.

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit