2010 DC bare bones pleeze

by Open mind 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

We're going to attend Sunday morning, be as "visible" as possible, grab the new releases and leave.

Unless, of course, there's a "release" on Sunday afternoon.

Could someone who has already attended please let us know what releases happen on which days?

Thanks,

om

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Probably another book telling you "The End is Near"...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

2 brochures on Friday

Jeremiah book on Saturday

DVD on Sunday after the afternoon session

• yknot
    yknot

A really awesome Brother sent me these DC 'goodies'........(credit goes to him)

Here is the publication releases in PDF.......

Brochure 1 http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ec3p7

Brochure 2 http://www.sendspace.com/file/tic2zd

Book http://www.sendspace.com/file/nfaa39

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Nice Yknot!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, it's been the big talk here how the last talk on Sunday is really really boring and presents the whacko reasons why nulite on "generation overlap" is correct and everyone falls asleep listening to it and doesn't really catch it, THEN THEY SAY THERE'S A NEW DVD WITH A TITLE SOMETHING LIKE "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES- OUT OF THE DARKNESS." Everyone wakes up to start pushing and shoving to go get it. You can find the title somewhere in these threads if someone doesn't tell you what it is.

If you are going to bother to go all the way to the DC for "appearances," then goof off all afternoon and stay in the area until the end and get your DVD. I mean, if you are going to punish yourselves, give some time for walking around and using too many towels in the bathroom and ignoring the "brothers" that hold the "TAKE YOUR SEATS" signs.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks everyone for the info and sorry I couldn't respond sooner. My cellular modem provider has been on the fritz for over a day now.

I think OTWO's plan is good. Show up for lunch. Maybe bring in freshly bought take out just to thumb our noses at the "arrangement". Get all the releases from the book room. Tell everyone we're sitting in section 37. Leave for the afternoon to attend a concert in the park. Come back for the frikkin' DVD. Does anyone want extras?

om

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Or you could just download the DVD and not go to the Convention at all. Ask for the links in the thread about it.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

open mind.......go to meetings, go in service, pray, personal study, read bible, the end is just around the corner........there! you have the entire district convention in a few phrases.....same as last year.....and year before....etc, etc.........................................

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

my last ever attempt in trying to grab a shiny new publication was when the "Proclaimers!" book was released and the stupid requirements in which you have to have had in order to get the thing, we were that close me and my pal until someone saw us in the line and spilt the beans. It was my last DC and I had a huge row with my father over the fiasco, it was the straw that broke the camels back, me and him were never the same,shame he was so pissed.Anyone know the exact year of that release?IIRC it was 1992/3? I think I made a brief appearance in 95 and that was my lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit