Illustration To Explain "This Generation" Change

by sd-7 16 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

If something is repeatedly said long enough, then it must be true. Repeat the new generation several times and then it will become clear to all and the rank and file will eagerly accept it. Such bright light can be blinding.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

144,000 generations

It's the only sane solution!

• belbab
    belbab

SD-7

I think you have given a good illumination (pun intended).

It doesn't change anything though.

Now this is what I would like to see. If many on here who still have contact with JWs could send out an email to those JWs that they know and tell them this illustration, but don't tell them where you got it. Then it may spread like wild fire, and some circuit servant will pick it up and use it.

Then let it come out that it is from an apostate site.

Stealing Watchtower's thunder.

belbab.

• TD
    TD
    How's this one: My grandfather served in WWI (1914-1918), I was born in 1959, yet he and I are in the same generation... Go figure! :)

Your lives overlapped, but do you and your grandfather also share a generation defining event or connection?

For example, Joseph and his brothers were various ages, but by virtue of the fact that all of them had the same father, (Jacob) they were all the same generation. (Exodus 1:6 is the basis for the new JW take on Matthew 24:34)

Similarly, I have a blood relative who was the youngest child in a family of 13. Two of his oldest siblings were married and had children of their own before he was born, so some of his nieces and nephews are actually older than he is even though he is technically in their parent's generation.

JW's are claiming that the generation defining event is one's anointing, which I think is complete rubbish because in JW theology, this event is not unique to a contemporaneous group of people. JW's believe that anointings commenced at Pentecost.

--But there is a method to their madness and the new "understanding" is not completely arbitrary. There's more to it than just the overlap of lifespans.

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

Would never work... sounds too much like christmas decorations!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

As I posted a little while ago in another thread on this topic, if this article is true, then we are still living in the same generation as Abraham Lincoln, by Watchtower definition.

• Bethelite Elder
    Bethelite Elder

No, NO, No, here is a better illustration. Imagine you have a bunch of brothers lined up old and confused. They all are trying to figure out how to keep the first lie started, going............. The problem is, they are all old and have not produced an end of the world. Then they start to wonder inside their figurative heart, if they were scammed all along because they do not want to become sea-------------nile and die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit