Ted Jaracz passed away this morning.

by grassyknoll07 172 Replies latest members private

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are they running out of suitable candidates among the oddball "young" anointed?

• sir82
    sir82
    Are they running out of suitable candidates among the oddball "young" anointed?

They'd better not pick anyone too young - they'll end up enlarging the "overlapping groups comprising one generation" even farther!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

We could all write letters with suggestions for replacements.......

• inkling
    inkling
    can't say I feel much sympathy.

Symmetrically enough, probably their reaction to Ray Franz dying.

-inkling

• flipper
    flipper

My wife says " Good riddance. " I must say- I agree. My sentiments as well.

Here was a man who fought Lloyd Barry tooth and nail trying to prevent the " child Abuse " Awake articles from being printed in the early to mid 1990's . What did he have to hide ? A JW pedophile list of 23,000 which they kept under lock and key ? Too many names of higher ups in the organization who would come tumbling down if it was revealed ?

All I know is firsthand he and his wife stayed at our house when serving our circuit and I was 10 years old and he served as a District Overseer - as my Dad was City Overseer . I was scared of the man then- as he was very quiet, stern, and downright unfriendly. From what I understand his handpicked younger overlapping anointed GB members are snuggly in place now. I look for no changes at Bethel- just more constant controlling tactics will be used which he helped inspire

• asilentone
    asilentone

besty, Herd has been on the GB since October 1999, so he will be on the GB for 11 years in October, not 15.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Hoo-boy! How'd you like to be a fly on the wall of the next GB committee meeting where they begin to discuss replacements?
    And you thought the confirmation procedure for Supreme Court justices was contentious....

I kind of doubt it will be all that heated you know. Do they even care so much these days? This isn't the the 1970s any more. No proactive changes have been made for decades. All they have to do is rubber stamp cut backs of various sorts, and legal fixes suggested by the legal department to problems the organisation encounters.

The very fact they have allowed to number of the GB drop to a mere 8 is probably a sign of lethargy and apathy.

The Mormons have a rule that they must have 12 apostles, so they just replace them routinely whenever one dies.

• besty
    besty

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q=ted+jaracz

The Internet is a bitch.....here little JW's ...here little JW's .....

• besty
    besty
    The very fact they have allowed to number of the GB drop to a mere 8 is probably a sign of lethargy and apathy.

or that the power lies elsewhere.....

no point in being GB when you can be Nethinim helper with some real power....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Here was a man who fought Lloyd Barry tooth and nail trying to prevent the " child Abuse " Awake articles from being printed in the early to mid 1990's .

I think it was John Barr he crossed over that issue. And by all accounts Barr did not put up a great fight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit