How old were you when you got baptized...was it your own decision?

by Desilusionnee 36 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I think on some level, part of me always knew I was destined to bolt once I turned 18.

Thank you for your fine comments! Is this not a fine example we want our children to imitate when they come of age? [Applause before he finishes talking]

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

@sd-7 LOL. Ironically, I also had a part in the Circuit Assembly the previous year. I'm pretty sure the guy at the microphone said exactly that.

• solana70
    solana70

18-I had always been a Jw and now I was just making it official. At 23, it just wasn't worth it anymore to spend the rest of my life without the thing I wanted most...a mate. I thought I would maybe find one and then get reinstated. Instead, I learned what was wrong with the organization and what I had been missing out on learning and haven't looked back.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I was 12. I thought it was my own decision, but there was a lot of pressure from friends, the elders, and to a lesser degree, my family. I was an elder's son, I had given my first talk at 5 (I stood at the "sisters' table"), and was supposed to be one of those uber bigshots when I got older.

"The sky's the limit, kid! So let's just get that pesky baptism thing outta the way..." kind of stuff.

• crapola
    crapola

14 and I did it because it was expected.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

A sister in my old hall was baptized at 9. And I have a good JW friend that was baptized at 8.

Both are so deep into this cult, I don't think there would ever be hope of getting them out.

Sad..

-MF31-

• beksbks
    beksbks

12, my decision. I wanted to go to Gilead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit