World Cup 2010 - I cant wait!

by lepermessiah 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I am so excited for this weekend.....

Any predictions on winners, players to watch, etc?

The USA/England match will be interesting.

The media in the States is trying to rile up people by showing the Liverpool fans who burned the US flag.

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/worldcup/story/american-flag-burning-by-liverpool-fans-should-incense-yanks

Frankly, from what I can tell, American ownership has been a bad thing in the Premiership. (Man U, Liverpool) I dont agree with the flag burning at all, but I dont think Americans care all that much in our wonderfully neutered politically correct country. The USA Mens' team has never stirred much imagination here, since they are a two-bit player on the world stage. Even being born and raised here, I never have been a huge fan - they didnt even make the World Cup until I was 18 years old (after a 36 year absence) .....pathetic.

I watched them get crushed by the Czechs two weeks ago, I expect England to do the same.

I am a die-hard Germany supporter, but the team is so decimated with injuries that I dont expect much. It is a real shame that so many elite players are either out of the tournament or are playing at less than 100% due to injury. I hope they look at that in the future to limit some of the stupid exhibitions and "warm-ups".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

While I want Portugal to do well, I have very little hope.

The first few games will tell.

I think it maybe Spains to win or lose.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

PSacramento - Nani has just been ruled out of the WC with an injury. This is a huge loss.

I too like Spain, but I think the Netherlands have the most powerful attack in the tournament.

I'm pulling for Italy, but they will struggle to get out of the group.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Been saying goodbye to several fans I work with who are catching flights down to SA. Went to Germany in 2006 which was fantastic.

C'mon England!

MMXIV

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I think the Netherlands have the most powerful attack in the tournament.

What is the status of Arjen Robben?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I too like Spain, but I think the Netherlands have the most powerful attack in the tournament.

The Dutch tend to have a beautiful attack, but get frustrated to easily and when they win a big game, they tend to, how can I put it?

Get overwhelemed by their success.

As long as Italy doesn't win, I'll be happy, I hate their style of play.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

IF ENGLAND CANT BEAT THE STATES LETS JUST CALL IT A DAY.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Argentinas year I think, although Brazil maybe? If England get to the semis I'l be happy.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    I am so excited for this weekend.....

Leper ...

So am I.

But it is putting a strain on my marriage since everytime I think about this weekend I soil my shorts and my wife has to wash them.

Rub a Dub

• snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit