Did/Do you witness to Prostitutes while doing Street Work?

by african GB Member 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Did you simply ignore them, or did you try to "help" them with magazines while witnessing in the streets?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have never confronted them.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I would have probably flirted with them

LD

• blondie
    blondie

I did but I am a woman. I would make appointments to talk when they weren't at work. I worked in law enforcement for 10 years and we met on the job from time to time. I would talk to homeless people but I never pushed publications.

• asilentone
    asilentone

ldr, most of the prostitutes are ugly.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

If they accept a magazine/book/pamphlet would it be advisable to ask for the contributions from them? considering how the money was/is obtained?

• mann377
    mann377

"prostitutes are ugly"

I refuse to witness to ugly people! Can you imagin ugly people running around forever in the new system.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I remember when I was young and dumb. My partner and I was invited in a house of prostitutes and witnessed to them. After about 15 minutes they asked if we wanted to go to their bedrooms. We left the house embarassed. They were young and pretty.

• blondie
    blondie

African GB Member, how do you know where anyone got their money? I had mafia families in my neighborhood, very nice houses and nothing to indicate their background...or the guy that rips people off at his business...or the guy that pimps women...or deals drugs...you can't know where anyone's money comes from.

Jesus talked to prostitutes and accepted gifts from them...................

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I used to work in a bad area where there were hookers and crack dealers.

We always spoke to them, no big deal.

Like Blondie said, Jesus treated them kindly, so I always tried to do the same.

They were actually the better conversations we had..........usually didnt take the literature but would treat us with respect and were usually very polite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit