Song 89 - Jehovah's Warm Appeal: "Be Wise, My Son"

by pirata 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This sounds like another song you are singing, as if you were Jehovah Himself. When this type of song came up (27 and 61) in the old book, I felt like it was blasphemous. And now they are pulling that sxxx again!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Let's watch how we walk

And watch how we talk

And watch what we say

And watch what we pray

And watch what we drink

And watch what we think

And watch what we eat

And watch who we meet

And watch what we read

And watch what we need

And watch what we do

And watch how we poo

And stumble none in our ministry!

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

sd-7

Yeah, I do have the old songbook. I was actually pretty excited when they released it last year. Then once I went through it and made all the comparisons, boy was I disappointed!!!! Once I had actually examined it I saw the whole "songs were too difficult and outdated doctrine" explanation was not really accurate. The great songs they left out alltogether, the good ones they changed, the bad (boring) ones they carried over. With a few exceptions all the completely new ones are not really that great. Mostly of the new songbook is just plain BLA! Not really my idea of singing to the Creator... The old one at least had some more juice to it. Makes me think back to the Psalms, some are vey long while other are very short. And they talk about nearly everything. I agree with B447, something just doesn't feel right in the last few years, a great disturbance in the force indeed. In the words of Mace Windu: "I sense a plot to kill the Witnesses"...

JediMaster

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

LOL Sacolton!!! I always disliked that song. And brothers who didn't bother to look up an appropriate song would always use it as a wild card. Heard it for everything from meeting attendance and field service, to give-more-money and Caring for the elderly.

Jedi Master

• sd-7
    sd-7
    In the words of Mace Windu: "I sense a plot to kill the Witnesses"...

If the Governing Body will not give up its power after the district convention, then it should be removed from office.

The local publishers would have to take control of the organization in order to secure a peaceful transition.

To a dark place this line of thought will carry us. Great care, we must take...

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Correction: "I sense a plot to destroy the witnesses". Man I'm losing my connection.

sd-7, wouldn't that be fun!!!!

• sd-7
    sd-7
    sd-7, wouldn't that be fun!!!!

I can just see some publishers walking into Bethel now. "In the name of the Father, Son, and holy spirit, you are under arrest, Governing Body."

"Are you threatening me, Brother Publisher?"

"The Christ will decide your fate."

"I AM the Christ!"

"Not yet!"

[Rolled-up Watchtower drops out their sleeves] "It's apostasy, then. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!"

• BigJimmyN
    BigJimmyN

I haven't been to meetings in a long time.. With this new BS Song book, my mom ALWAYS texts me... "song 89" and that's it....

so dumb... it pisses me off..

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

That song is very, very creepy.

By the way, I like the Star Wars parodies, especially yours sd-7. It immediately made me think of this:

"The old generation doctrine will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the governing body has replaced it with a new, completely incoherent version. The last remnants of the original definition have been swept away."

"But that's impossible. How will the governing body maintain control without it?"

"The circuit overseers now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local Witnesses in line. Fear of the overlapping generation."

"Don't be too proud of this theological terror you've constructed. The ability to arbitrarily redefine a word is insignificant next to the power of disfellowshipping."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit