My personal thoughts on Ray Franz

by Terry 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The free PDF of Raymond's Crisis of Conscience is of the Fourth Edition (available at https://friendsofraymondfranz.com/books-in-english/ ), but the most recent edition is the Fifth Edition (which is based upon the manuscript of the 2008 Printing of the Fourth Edition).

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I note that neither of the Carl Olaf Jonsson books with pdf links are available at the previously posted link.

• joao
    joao

@Terry

And his books are really superb!!!

• Terry
    Terry
    Ray Franz had mastered the style that Watchtower readers can read and not step on broken glass.
    Whereas, straight-ahead polemic chases them away instantly.
    The GB got rid of his concordance work as fast as they could as though it were a tuna sandwich
    under the mattress.
    I have TRIED and failed to read recent Watchtower 'literature' because the writing is grotesque.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

A couple of literature changes after and in response to Franz’s exit were:

rewrite of organization book

replace AID book with Insight volumes

release of the big green JW history book

baptism question wording change

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

In the Fourth Edition (hardcover edition) of Crisis of Conscience printed in 2004 in a footnote on page 22 Raymond says the Insight book consists of "very minor revisions" of the Aid book which it replaced.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Thanks dropoffyourkeylee for bringing to my attention that "neither of the Carl Olaf Jonsson books with pdf links are available at the previously posted link." I was surprised when you informed me of such, since the link for The Sign of the Last Days – When? book had worked for me the prior time I had used it. I now notice that it doesn't work, but have no worry for today I discovered that both books can be read online at https://archive.org/ and downloaded from that site. Visit that site and then type in Carl Olof Jonsson's name in the search bar. You will then see working links to both of his books. I tested those links earlier today and downloaded both of the books from that web site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit