FED UP WITH IT ALL !

by billie jean 13 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

((((BillieJean)))))

I can just feel the stress from your post, I can only imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry for your pain and troubles, I wish I could do something meaningful to help.

You know, you are never over it while family members are still in because you and yours are shunned and your support system is minimalized.

Family is so very important to our well being, and to have that absent is tragic. I wish that your folks knew that basic, human need.

If there is anything I can do to comfort you, please let me know. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Be strong Dear One.

LW

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I feel you. Alot of us here with family still in have the same problem. I guess is just a matter of accepting that as our reality. We did loose our family for the sake of religion.

Millions of people have lost their family for religion too. Perhaps that helps us cope with the loss a little better.

• nelly136
    nelly136

exwhyzees seeing what has changed is a good point.

theres been quite a few posts about the stages of recovery you go through and it being like mourning.

when i left the jw guilt trip and emotional blackmail ran very strong, i excused their behaviour of me because i figured i should have known how it was going to be and i made allowances for them following their rules.

as time went on i came to realise that the behaviour i viewed as normal and acceptable was actually very inappropriate and quite frankly delusional , even worse, i was subjecting my child to a toxicity she didnt deserve. unfortunately i'd left it to go on so long while making excuses for their sensibilities it did a lot of damage.

at some point there comes a realisation that no matter how hard you try to meet the ever changing requirements or how many allowances you make, its never going to end.

nothing is ever going to change and you're supposed to eat dirt and be grateful and lap up whatever scraps are thrown your way.

they may be getting worse, or just maybe they've always been that way, perhaps you're coming to the point where you're realising this is the only way they know how to behave and your tolerance of their treatment of you and yours has got to the thin end of the wedge.

• nugget
    nugget

Billiejean,

I am in the South of england and also have an autistic son. The Jw faith teaches people to be selfish and to make judgements about others. If you are not fully in then you are unworthy of notice or assistance.

You have my total sympathy feel free to pm me. If I can help you in any way I will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit