No Zoloft for 4 days feel great

by Cagefighter 13 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Broken Promises, he is well off into mania. We can only hope that someone close to him will care enough to get him to a crisis center or ER before he hurts himself or others.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I appreciate the concern but some of yall are being dramatic. 25 mg is the lowest dose... you take it for 2 weeks and you are off.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think psychiatric medicine is, by and large, a complete scam. You might run into an exceptional situation where a brain tumor or chemical imbalance is actually documented, perhaps because of physical brain damage. Other situations are suited for short courses of short acting medicine, mostly for getting past an impasse in one's life.

However, I do not believe in "building up the level of the medication" in cases where it really should be used "as needed". That is the thing with alcohol--that stuff can be used "as needed". Properly used, alcohol would be used just to make stress bearable so the person can make the action, not depended on to totally block off the stress. But even alcohol, the safest of the psychiatric drugs, can ruin the brain and the liver if abused. Most of the antidepressants will do the same thing, and are extremely dangerous even when used as directed. Besides ruining your brain and your liver, these medications can lead a person to do things they otherwise wouldn't. They might become violent, start raping people they otherwise would not have, and committing suicide while on the drugs. Prozac is one that is notorious for this; Paxil is even worse. And Zoloft can do the same thing.

Trouble is, these drugs are habit forming. If you start on them, you need to be careful when withdrawing. Your judgment can be way off, much as one might have bad judgment while high on weed or cocaine. Some of these medications can have dangerous effects while withdrawing from them--not recommended for short term, as needed use.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I’ve used Zoloft and Prozac (not together) and I’ve never raped or murdered anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit