Watchtower most widely read magazine??? Gawd

by ESTEE 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks for posting that, ESTEE...

I popped in and made a few comments; hope mine aren't pulled... That "Lighter" character - what an IDIOT!!! Claiming that the level of salt in the oceans is slightly LOWERED by EVAPORATION!!!! Urrrrgh... Nearly made my head explode... Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Watchtower magazine - most widely spread, least likely read... Most widely spread, not often read...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't know Brent Lane but I like him. He had a great response!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hey everyone!

Wow, nice to see the thread is still going!

OUTLAW wrote:

The Watchtower is the one magazine that is rarely distributed,very few people read..And.. The only magazine you will find mutiple copies of.. Stacked up in Jehovah`s Witness homes around the World..

Hi OUTLAW! Glad to see you still around. I always love your sense of humour. You make me belly-laugh.

Heaven wrote:

The Watchtower.... the most widely burned magazine in my Father's woodstove.

Your comment made me laugh out loud! So true --- so true... Your father sounds like a smart man. That paper does burn great!

Mad Sweeney wrote:

Even the Dubs themselves don't read the freaking things! I just quit the Borg a few months ago.

When I was a Dub, I was one who DID read those freaking things---brainwashed through and through. And I brainwashed my kids. Ugh!Congratulations that you were able to quit the borg.

PSacramento wrote:

It is not the most read, though it may be the mst "junk mailed". ...How can we know this? ...Easy, just ask anyone about the Watchtower or the Awake magazine, see what response you get.

Yes indeed. I don't know exactly how it works, but I'm quite sure this article was written and presented by the JWs to the New York Times (for free publicity), then it trickled into the other newspapers. Someone at the Times is a JW... *eye roll* I think that there needs to be an article written called, "What is your favorite magazine?" Do you think the Watchtower rag would get on anyone's --- I mean anyone's --- list???

ziddina wrote:

Thanks for posting that, ESTEE......I popped in and made a few comments; hope mine aren't pulled... That "Lighter" character - what an IDIOT!!! Claiming that the level of salt in the oceans is slightly LOWERED by EVAPORATION!!!! Urrrrgh... Nearly made my head explode... Zid ...Watchtower magazine - most widely spread, least likely read... Most widely sread, not often read...

Hi Zid, I read your comments about the article. They were not pulled. I figure your comments are vitally informative. Most people have no idea that the JWs white-washed religion is no more than a cult. Lighter probably read it in the scientific journal called the Awake about salt leaving the ocean by evaporation. I'm glad that dumb article is posted for all to see their ignorance of this most simple scientific fact. Too funny! And your comment, "And you might try READING some of those scientific books that you've turned your nose up at - instead of those "often spread but rarely read" Watchtowers..." absolutely the best! Thanks for taking the time.

Mad Sweeney wrote:

I don't know Brent Lane but I like him.

He had a great response! "As to your point about oceans and mineralization, it's absolutely false - as any real oceanographer will tell you. Better luck with the other disciplines." I wonder if he is one of us...?

Perhaps the jws will quit submitting those stupid "publicity stunts" when they see there are people out there "not buying" their speil. It also brings out the zealots who are quick to defend with their ignorant comments. Can you imagine the hours of time they are racking up for writing that drivel?

I'll check in again.

Got to run.

Love youz!

ESTEE

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Estee..

Nice to see you on the board again..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, ESTEE... Thanks for the compliment!!! (If the smileys were available right now, I'd add a blush...)

Hah! There they are!! Zid

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I regularly threw away stacks of magazines every few months.

-mentallyfree31-

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

BANE, do you have a sense of humor at all? Even the National Geographic Society pokes fun at themselves for the way their magazines pile up in people's homes. Why can't we laugh at the WTS and their worthless litter-trash? Sheesh !

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

BANE said:

Man you people are some of the stupidest people I have ever encountered. what morons to devote your meaningless lives to mocking the true God and religion. What pathetic wastes. I would never do something like that if I left ANY organization or anything in life. I quit eating hotdogs when I became a vegan but I didnĀ“t protest Oscar Meyer....
    Such losers here.

LMAO....and let me tell you why.

Remember that scripture in Proverbs 13:20 "He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having

dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly" [This is a quote from the NWT so that BANE willl recognize it]

So my question to you is this BANE....if the people that are here are so stupid and moronic, why are you still here?

You are going to fare badly according to this scripture. So why don't you run along like a good little BANE and get with

others that are as smart as you. I've seen your debating skills and man am I impressed....LOL

But I think I know what the real reason is why you keep coming back. You can't live without us since we been sharing

just a little of our knowledge with you huh. That little voice in your head that keeps saying I've been told the WT (JW's)

are the truth, but what I hear on this forum sounds so much more like what Jesus described in saying "you will know the

truth and the truth will set you free." As I said on the other thread I'm glad you're here.

Proverbs 27:17 "By iron, iron itself is sharpened. So one man sharpens the face of another" (NWT)

As this scripture shows, iron sharpens iron and people sharpen other people so please do enlighten us with your wealth

of knowledge.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

BANE; your talents seem to know no boundaries , you certainly are doing some ass kicking, what next ? you will bring down this entire forum with your superb debating skills and fantastic logical reasoning, I've got 1 foot back in the KH already

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit