A JW's Concealed Hook to Gain Converts

by maputo95 11 Replies latest jw friends

• maputo95
    maputo95

Hi All

What do you think of the doomsday message below from a JW who works in investments?

MY DEAR FRIENDS

YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ THIS, BUT WE CAN’T JUST BURY OUR HEADS IN THE SAND.

PLEASE GO TO GOOGLE AND TYPE IN : GERALD CELENTE PREDICTIONS JAN 2010 (RUSSIA TV INTERVIEW)

CELENTE IS A RESPECTED US ECONOMIST WHO HAS BEEN VERY ACCURATE WITH 90% OF HIS PREDICTIONS

THIS YOU-TUBE JAN 2010 INTERVIEW (ON YOU-TUBE) IS VERY SCARY, BUT VERY FEASIBLE…

AMERICA, BRITAIN AND EUROPE ARE TOTALLY BANKRUPT AND OWE TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS. THERE IS NO MORE BAIL OUT MONEY LEFT.

CALIFORNIA (WHICH CONSTITUTES 25% OF THE US ECONOMY) CANNOT PAY IT’S CIVIL SERVANTS OR PENSIONS.

CELENTE PREDICTED THAT THE BAIL OUTS OF 2009 HAVE ONLY DELAYED WHAT WILL BE THE GREATEST DEPRESSION IN HISTORY – ALL CREATED BY MANKIND’S GREED.

OUR PLANET IS ALSO BEING SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROYED BY MANKIND’S GREED - (DESTRUCTION OF OUR ANIMALS, THE ATMOSPHERE , THE LAND, THE POLAR CAPS, THE RIVERS AND THE OCEANS)

THEN WHAT ? (we’re all in the same boat)

THE DAY THAT GOD SAYS “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH”, IS WHEN THINGS WILL CHANGE ..

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I agree with him apart from the God part.

• maputo95
    maputo95

Our prophet of doom continues:

Yes, when the great tribulation strikes, nobody will be un-affected and mankind will be a sea of distressed souls, not knowing the way out

They will throw their money into the streets (Ezekiel)

The only salvation will be when Armageddon breaks out and Jehovah will save those worshipping, belienving and trusting in him..

“the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah” ……

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Celente is just a modern-day Nostradamus. The key here is that all of his supposed "successful" predictions were only interpreted after the fact. His predictions are very generalized. For example, he never said "there will be a stock market crash in 1987." He said "there will be a stock market crash," and after it happened in 1987, people claim he predicted it. The thing is, there will ALWAYS be another stock market crash, so it's not really an amazing feat to predict one.

Also, his failed predictions, such as his 2005 claim that the bottom of the luxury market won't fall out in the coming crisis, are often forgotten as quickly as it becomes apparent they didn't come true. Celente's followers are falling victim to the same tactic psychics use: getting their audiences to remember the hits and forget the misses.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

He's a moron. He says "watch this YOU-TUBE video (on YOU-TUBE)"....where else would a youtube video be? Netflix?

The planet sometimesre-shapes and hurts itself. Clearly he has no idea what's happened thousands of times in the past with volcanos (the caldera for the yellowstone volcano, which is still active, is something like 30 miles across. That's just the remains of the CONE....)

I guess he things the ice ages were a myth....it amazes me how people that work in finance can completely not understand how global economies or finance actually works.

• blondie
    blondie

I have found that the CARROT (concealed) hook is LIFE FOREVER ON A PARADISE EARTH.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The statement that 90% of his predictions come true is not supported with any facts. It's like WT saying that Jesus chose the bible students in 1919 because they were faithfully preaching the truth as revealed in the bible, and then not providing a list of what the bible students were teaching up to 1919.

-mentallyfree31-

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I always find it interesting how people think they're living in hard times because their Macbook is two years old, their three car payments are getting difficult to maintain, and they can't afford to buy all three of their kids iPhones.

Please.

• tec
    tec

Mad -

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

mad sweeney hit it right on 100%.

try living in europe in wwii, like my parents did!

your food was 1 loaf of bread a day and some soup.

sugar, coffe and luxury items were rationed and sold on the black market.

you were lucky (if available) to eat chicken or fish on sundays

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit