Am I invisible?

by Mulan 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Seems to me....

That this should be toward the top of the list when warning 'interested ones' what they're getting involved with i.e. anyone studying with JWs should ask them about what happens if they wanted to leave the organisation?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not disfellowshipped either, but I have been treated by JWs as though I am.

I figured the best way to deal with the problem was rather directly....

As soon as I see them, I walk right up to them and give them a huge

HUG!!

If they stiffen up, I'll back away, "shocked", and say... "Oh, I had no IDEA you'd been disfellowshipped. Of all people!! I never would have imagined!! I'm so sorry!!" and then I turn on my heel and walk the other way.

It's truly priceless!! Especially if you can do it in public, and they can't do anything about it.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Bigboi, you are so right. I can't understand their reasoning(or lack thereof) for treating spiritually weak ppl the way they do. I've seen many be treated this way and the weakened person invariably becomes history once he fully realizes that he's pond scum because of his weakness. Instead of reaching out with real love and encouragment to a person who's "slipping", they would rather use the opportunity to ignore and make the person feel worse. Yep, shoot their wounded and it almost seems fun for some of em. They even have a kingdom song about helping the weak and depressed...what a joke. In reality, the weak one has become bad association thanks to the society warning everybody to be sure and watch their association, not JUST in the world, but in the congregation as well. This gives liscense to the pubs to judge their brother's as harshly as they personally feel they must(or want to)and feel justified in doing it. Sick.

• terafera
    terafera

(((((Scully)))))

You're so bad! LOL

I want to do that so bad.. hmm... wonder if I can work up the nerve:)

I get shunned all the time and was never baptized. I am always having more fun than they are..

You're right. Just keep smiling. They may come to you for solace one day.

Goethe

• cellomould
    cellomould

Mulan, you aren't invisible,

But Princess is
    I miss your pretty face, Princess Rachel.

(and no, you aren't nearly old enough to be my mother )

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit