One Idea for a Memorial to Ray Franz

by cabasilas 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

One idea for a memorial to Ray Franz:

Donate his two books to the local library.

Crisis of Conscience

In Search of Christian Freedom

They can also be obtained from Freeminds.

I found when I have donated these to libraries in the past that it helped to include a brief note with them. I said something like that they are modern examples of banned books and I gave a very brief explanation of how Jehovah's Witnesses have been told not to read these books that were written by one of their former leaders. (Librarians love to circulate banned books!) Keep your note brief and to the point, however.

I know that Witnesses who are searching use public libraries to get information. A few years back I donated Crisis of Conscience to a library in my home town. When I went there for a visit I met an ex-JW who told me that he had read the book I had donated to the library and he had found out that the book had been checked out over 50 times! There are some Witnesses who might be leary of being caught by parents or spouses at apostate sites on the Internet, but reading a book off a shelf of a library is less threatening. And Ray's books are perfect reads for searching JWs.

Besides the money spent on getting these books into the library will go to a good cause!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great idea!

• blondie
    blondie

If you itemize, you may even be able to take it as a tax deduction.

I wonder if jws steal these books from the library (without checking them out)? The libraries here have a screener by the door.

• blondie
    blondie

I checked and although ours is a large library system, no Ray Franz books although there are other alternate jw books.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

There was a small movement back in the early 90s to get them into libraries and many were put on library shelves. But, books fall apart or are not returned for various reasons.

Starting a campaign to get Ray's books into libraries again might be a fitting way to memorialize the man who didn't want public acclaim but who was concerned the truth be told.

• alanv
    alanv

Has anyone in USA thought about telling the news media of his death and his importance as someone who was formally on the gov. body of JWs.

He has helped so many get out from this cult.

• blondie
  • elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I am going to do my share, i will bring them to the library today.

elder-schmelder

• mouthy
    mouthy

I did that years ago.They got stolen. I went to the Librarian & asked who?
    She said she could not tell me as the person paid for them...

Another undercover ploy of the "HONEST" Jehovah's Witness.

• dgp
    dgp

We could also make sure they are available over the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit