No Memorial For Ray Franz.

by Blue Grass 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

I've read on multiple threads that Ray will not have a memorial service per his request and that he will be cremated. On one hand this is good because it's confirms his sincerity and humility and shows he doesn't seek praise or attention. It's more evidence that his books were written honestly and weren't written out of spite or for just monetary gain. On the other hand this strikes me as a bit selfish. Many people including myself were looking forward to attending his memorial and meeting others who he helped awaken. The service could of been conducted by former bethelites, do's, co's, etc. who knew Franz and could share interesting personal stories about his life and he helped them. It could of been such a wonderful celebration of a man who lived such a wonderful life and helped so many. I'm little hurt that he requested not to have a memorial, but I'm sure he had a good reason and I'll respect his decision.

Blue Grass

• crapola
    crapola

I've already told my children that I don't want anu kind of service. It's not out of selfishness but to spare them the burden of having to find someone that would do one for me since I no longer attend the KH. Also if it was a church service, then my Witness mom,sister etc. would be put in an awkward postion. So none for me.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ray no doubt had the best intersts of his wife Cynthia at heart. The last thing she needs is the stress of meeting lots of people, many of them new.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Well it is easy to think of what we want or need but it is what Ray and his wife Cynthia wanted that's important. Funeral memorials or services are for the family. I think he made a wise decision in doing it his way. He was a very humble, kind, and thoughtful man.

Ruth

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

it's the first time in my life i cried for someone i didn't ever personaly see

• asilentone
    asilentone

Blue Grass, you have time to edit the thumbs down icon, you have 30 minutes from your first post.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Maybe there can be an online Memorial Service here. At a certain pre arranged Date and time, there can be a memorial thread where everyone talks about how they were helped by Ray and just to share some memories. Everyone can share and be here no matter where we live, and it would almost be like a live chat because everyone would be there together at the same time. Maybe it will end up being one of the biggest threads on here. A copy of the thread can be sent to Cynthia, unless she is able to be a part of it. Just a thought...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i would love that ohiocowboy cuz he helped me so much and never knew it!!!

• Violia
    Violia

you know if we can attend apostfests,we could have one in his honor. It could be in a central location or there could be separate ones at various places. We can still have a memorial to his life if we wish.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Violia, Ray Franz did not want any Memorials, we must honor his wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit