Would You Believe This?

by snowbird 31 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've recently processed information on a Leviticus, Chronicle, Jehoshaphat, and Thessalonians?

All males.

This here is the Bible Belt, I tell you!

Syl

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Seriously. people named their boys those names? wow. Of course my parents gave their black daughter an obscure hebrew male name so whatever.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Thesselonians... LOL

• yknot
    yknot

The parents hoped the names would assist their children in making better choices and living worthwhile lives......

The Puritans did this too......

Still, I wish you could have learned of their existence under better circumstances

• snowbird
    snowbird

Seriously, Serenity.

Yeah, LOL, Cagefighter.

Yknot, I believe the names sometimes contribute to delinquency.

Can you imagine how often they must have been taunted?

Syl

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

I remember reading a story in high school that had a guy in it named First-And-Second-Thessalonians. They called him 'Thess.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Or, should I?

Syl

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

The woman that drowned all of her kids in Houston or somewhere in Texas named all her kids after Bible related people. I believe there was another major family murder where all the kids were named Biblically too. To name your child Thessalonia is a recipe for disaster. Its pretty much guranteed that kid will be in major trouble in the future.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I once saw a little toddler named "messiah." I said to the mother "you must really have high hopes for this one!" It seems like the younger and less educated the parent(s) the more ignorant the name of the kid.

• snowbird
    snowbird

So true, MLE and Serenity.

By the way, I just did an Obadiah!

This is the week for oddities!

LOL.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit