Ozzies, Leaving the Cult, on SBS One @ 8:30 tonight

by Black Sheep 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Your kids, spouses, etc.. JW or not, should be watching this tonight.

Cheers

Chris

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Here is the summary. I wonder what cult it was.

Follows four families as they leave a controlling and repressive church in South Carolina and come to believe that they have been members of a cult. The film documents them intimately as they enter Wellspring, the only accredited live-in cult treatment facility in the world. After the treatment these families come to believe they were brainwashed to give up control of their lives to the Pastor and his wife, allowing themselves and their children to undergo severe abuse in order to make heaven. As they emerge from the safety of the treatment facility, the families return to their homes hoping to obtain justice and struggling to establish "normal" lives. The film also gives voice to the Pastor and his wife as they struggle to cope with the "betrayal" of their church family and rebuild their congregation. (From the US in English) (Documentary) M (A,L) CC WS

• Black Sheep
  • Black Sheep
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Watching it now.

It has Steve Hassan in it, too, talking about cults.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very interesting. It is great to see people like Hassan and Lifton interviewed.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

And Rick Ross. I received an email from him once.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is interesting that where the lawyer said there are virtually no court cases where an ex cult member has won a case by being able to prove they were brainwashed or been able to prove an organisation was a cult.

It is very sad seeing how much the blonde lady is lost and cannot work out if she was misled by the Pastor or Satan is leading her out of the cult.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Wow, what a documentary. My heart went out to the children, who not only were hurt emotionally and physically, but saw their parents suffering from the effects of being a part of the Pastor’s cult.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I had seen it before as 'Join Us'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5IGbd61sfE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit