I am quitting cigarettes and Zoloft this week...

by Cagefighter 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

So if you see me on the news next week, yall know what happened. I expect letters and money. You can't even get toothpaste with out money or giving a hand job in prison in Texas.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I was on Zoloft - off and on for several years in the 90's - and really hated it. It flat-lined my emotions and when I skipped a few days my heart would feel so much lighter. Then I would crash and be an emotional wreck. Eventually a different doctor suggested Prozac. It was a better fit for me.

Regardless, I don't know that it's such a good idea to quit both at the same time. Sounds like a recipe for psychotic disaster.

-Aude.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

"Psychotic Disaster".... I got on it because I was dating someone that couldn't handle my emotions... Starting to think the problem is her not me. I was off it for 2 years and kinda happy.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

So "Cagefighter" you take Zoloft and smoke cigarettes. This actually explains a lot of the non-sense you post on this site.

Blue Grass

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Are you trying to be funny, Blue Grass?

Congrats on giving up the ciggies, that’s a great thing to do.

As far as Zoloft goes, DO NOT give it up suddenly. Speak to your Dr first about it. If you really want to go off it, then do it slowly. Zoloft is a drug that needs to be respected.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Cagefighter, why do you feel you need to quit both of them at the same time? Seems like you're setting yourself up for failure. Perhaps you should consider quitting smoking first and then quit the Zoloft, so that you have a little something in your system to stabilize your mood while you get the cigarettes out of your system.

No reason to ACTUALLY become a cagefighter.

StAnn

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Actually I took Wellbutrin to stop smoking several years ago. It took away that violent urge to have a smoke. The desire was still there but I could forget about it quickly.

I quit for 5 years..long enough for my lungs to breath a little..lol

Then I started again for 5 years. (After hubby died) Next time I quit cold turkey and will never go back. (Been almost 2 years)

I love the way I smell now..and my house and clothes and car always smell clean and fresh instead of stale and nasty.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Cagefighter)))))))

I quit Zoloft because, when I was on it, I distinctly heard a voice urging me to choke my mother to death!

Syl

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Ya I took Zoloft for a while when I got off meth... It actually helped the anxiety then... I got off once I had been clean a while and the effects had gone away... I got on it again b/c I was scared my emotions were getting the best of me. I dunno maybe I am just realizing I had the wrong girl and the urge to lose it was telling me something.... LOL...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I mean this with complete sincerity... ...........Talk to your doctor. You comments on this board for the past week, the situations you are trying to manipulate/maneuvuer (sp), changing of plans, the girlfriend(s) stuff, and your interactions with any poster who has tried to get to slow down and think before acting (or consider a different approach). All these things lead me to encourage you to talk to your doctor NOW. ...............................Something is 'off kilter' and it sounds like you need help stabilizing before something cracks inside you. ................................I say this because I've been there and you are scaring me. .........................-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit