How Long Did It Actually Take You To Leave The Organization?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I took a long time.

• bobld
    bobld

In spirit a nanosecond, in body still there.

B

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If I ever leave I'll let you know.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I woke up on December 18, 2009. Started to fade immediately, slowly at first. Last meeting was the memorial in March/April (can't remember the date).

-mentallyfree31-

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

As soon as I was able to leave my parents house and not have the cops bring me back.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I didnt believe the evidence that things were very wrong in there until it was forced upon me....then I had to believe it, but it took me around 3 years to actually give up hoping I was wrong....then I found you all...

Loz x

• Robert7
    Robert7

I had a build-up of doubt until I decided I was no longer a JW. Only went to a few meetings after that, and stopped going completely about 3 months later.

My last meeting was the one where they announced the book study change. I was curious if the apostates on JWD were right, and they were

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

From the time we found out the truth about the truth after months of research and soul searching and sleepless nights the penny finally dropped. But we had been three years in the wilderness not going to meetings still believing but confused and unhappy. once the penny had finally dropped it took three months to send letters of resignation, then finally walk away and close the book on this chapter of our life.

RosePetal and hubby

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It took me 31 years but that was back in the 50's to the 70's with no intenet. Information was hard to come by.

When I got 1976, I still had to figure out how to escape with out totally knocking the apple cart over.

I didnt leave till 83.

• minimus
    minimus

Jag, you make me feel better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit