jw sheperding calls

by Borgdrone 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Being a "delinquent" publisher is not a DF'ing offense. If you don't want to be DF'd then give them some sincere whine about trying to do better and accept that you are not going to be recommended for mic duty.

As said above, if you can't resist shooting your mouth off about some doctrinal disagreement then get your hat and pack your ditty bag.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

you might choose to postphone the visit or maybe even go along with it and ZIP THE LIP on anything remotley 'apostate'.

let them think they can help or encourage you, give it a token go anf fade off again?

i would only talk 607 or anything else when you are really ready for the fallout.

It would be the same result as if you told them you were commiting fornication.

good luck, keep us posted!

oz

• wobble
    wobble

Good advice above.

My own experience was to be able to put off a visit for 6 months or so, until my group overseer gave me six possible times and I just had to see him. He really was a loving, caring guy.

He came alone and I said I could no longer preach as 1914 was not in the scriptures, he said he would leave it up to the new congregation to deal with as ours was about to split.

I got the two elder visit eventually after opening my trap to a guy who said he would not repeat my thoughts, and yet betrayed that trust. (Don't trust a Dub, even an inactive one)

They tried the "loyalty" questions a couple of times, I simply said nothing, the silence got embarrassing and they went off on a tangent.

They have not come back.

Hence I am faded and all my extended family are able to talk to me, and active witnesses.

It is dangerous though, if you want to fade, the best way is no contact.

"I will 'phone you when I am ready for help, thank you so much for your loving concern" is a good method with most.

Good Luck !

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Thanks to everyone. I like the slow fade method the best because of one problem, my wife was raised in the truth and she is still a strong believer in this relgion. She has always been supportative of the elders. I have not talked to her about the 607 BCE subject or the six or seven definition changes regarding the Generation issue. I will be attending the district assembly in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on June 18 to 20, 2010. I will take notes regarding the Generation definition change and talk to my wife about it after the assembly.

We were baptized and married in 1970 and two children in the truth and many other relatives also in the truth. I do some part time sub-contract work for a couple in my congregation and her husband is a ministerial servant. If I were DF I would lose my job. You now can see the difficulty I am having here. We are nearly dept free and I plan on taking a trades training course in 2011, which should help toward full time work opportunities and not preaching activities.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sounds like your situation calls for keeping a cool head and not giving them anything to get their teeth into.

Good luck.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

I response to ziddina's quote, "guilt trips" have no effect on me since learning the truth about the Truth.

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

If I say to my service arrangement group elder that I do not want to preach any longer, what will he do? Anybody have any tips on this isssue.

I have not supported my group arrangement at all.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    If I say to my service arrangement group elder that I do not want to preach any longer, what will he do?

The problem in answering that, is that , well it all depends. I understand from the American posters on here that their elders are quick to root out any whiff of "apostasy" but my experience in the U K has been that they are much more laid back. I have had frank talks with elders (although keeping it affable, just voicing questions and doubts) They left me to get on with it and never want to make an issue out of it. One elder invited me out in Service a while back. I said that I was not "Spiritually in a fit condition to go out" .He then said we could have a chat......but never bothered to do so..

After all they are obliged by Jude 22 to "Continue showing mercy to some that have doubts "

My advice, for what it is worth is to stall the meeting as much as you can, to gauge their determination. If or when you have to, then make any excuse or raise some questions for them to help you with....In your position it makes no sense to meet the issue head on and run risks of calamity.

How does your wife fit in to this ? is she supportive of you, or think that you are crazy? Where does he first loyalty lie? That could be the key..

• Gregor
    Gregor

Pretend you are a used car salesman. F--- with them. Lie to them. Then sleep well. Believe me, they are f------ with you X10. Pick your time. Be subtle with the wife. You may just be postponing a day of reckoning with this mess but you already know that.

• blondie
    blondie

Why say anything about d2d...just don't go. Or say you'll see how it goes, then don't go. Have something necessary scheduled. Don't discuss it with him. If his question is rude, personal, etc., just look at him and say nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit