jw sheperding calls

by Borgdrone 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Recently I have been approached by an elder and asked if I could get going again in the door to door preaching activity due to not having any time in for three months. I told him it was due to health reasons, etc. Now it seems I am due for a sheperding call in the very near future. If I refuse the call, will I be disfellowshipped? If I accept the call and show them the information to disprove the 607 BCE date, would I be placed on probation or disfellowshipped? These sheperding calls are a yearly occurrence. I found the 607 BCE discrepancy very interesting.

• asilentone
    asilentone

If they think you are apostate, they will df'd you.

• blondie
    blondie

If you refuse the shepherding call at this point, I doubt you will be df'd for that alone. They have to have "proof" that you have committed a df'ing offense to do that. If you want to debate doctrine and hold an opinion different that the official WT one, likely it may lead to their df'ing you.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Show them the info about 607 and they will invite you to meet with 2 brothers who will determine through holy spit if you are exhibiting pozt8 tendencies.

If they determine that you have rebelled against Jehover they will invite you to a kangaroo court comprised of 3 elders who will ream your butt out and toss you to the curb.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Borgdrone, where are you - mentally, emotionally, psychologically - regarding the religion???

Are you dating, engaged to, or married to a Jehovah's Witness?

Do you have family members still in the religion?? Close friends in the religion that you simply cannot live without??

Do you have a means of financial support that is independent of any fellow Jehovah's Witnesses?

Are you old enough to be living on your own, or are you still living at home with Jehovah's Witness parents? Or do you have only one parent in the religion, and one who is not a Jehovah's Witness??

Are you in an emotional state wherein you can handle the inevitable "guilt trip" that will be heaped upon you by the elders, if they choose to make things difficult for you...

Have you "built bridges" for your successful escape? Have you obtained an education that will provide you with some degree of financial security? Have you made friends - GOOD FRIENDS - with honest, reliable, people who have NO contact with the Jehovah's Witnesses - perhaps members of other Christian groups outside of the Jehovah's Witnesses group? [i.e., people who will have nothing to 'gain' by turning you in to the elders...]

If you've "built a bridge", if you've made "independent" friends, if you've established reliable employment and have living arrangements separate from any Jehovah's Witnesses, then you are free to discuss - HONESTLY - the issues that you have recently developed with regards to the veracity of the Watchtower Society's version of 'history'...

Sorry 'bout all the questions, but, seeing that this is your first post...

Just trying to get a 'feel' for the situation... Of course, only you can determine whether you're really ready to "pull the plug"...

Hope you are successful in escaping with a minimum of damage and pain...

Zid

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Just simply decline the shepharding call, and if they ask again just decline that also. As Blondie says, they aren't gonna DF over not wanting a shepharding call.

-mentallyfree31-

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They want to ask a question like "Do you still consider yourself a JW?" or "Do you believe this is Jehovah's org?"

If you don't want to be announced as DF or DA, don't give them the opportunity to ask those quesions by making excuses why you are not available, or lie.

Welcome to the forum

Chris

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

This is what I did:

When approached about a shepherding call, I firmly but politely stated that I was very busy, but would call them back when it was more convenient to meet with them.

Then just don’t call them back.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

If two brothers come and speak with you, even if its about the weather and you bring up the 607 fiasco they have the two witnesses they need to have a judicial commitee. They need no other witnesses. They can construe it as apostacy and you'll be out. If you want out then go ahead. If you don't want anything to do with them, don't. Too busy. Sorry.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Read and heed what Ziddina said so well. Consider the consequences before doing anything provocative. If you have loved ones in the organization, or rely on them for support, then the slow fade is probably the wiser course. Remember that what you need most is your freedom, not "paybacks".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit