Elder reqeust me as a friend on Facebook I accept but he never talks to me. WTF?!

by Blue Grass 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

OK. I went from being confused to upset and I'm not even sure why. After being inactive for 3 years an elder from my old congo request me as a friend and never tries to get me to come back to the hall. I don't want to return but I at least want t be asked. This guy has never sent me a message, post on my wall, and he obviously never even visited my page because the one time I chatted with him he was asking me questions that were already answered on my profile. This has been such a let down. I was expecting to be victim to an aggressive witch hunt. I was so ready to tell this guy I no longer wanted to be a JW but he just never asked. Never asked me if I was active, never asked what congregation I attend, never asked if will I return to my old congregation, nothing! I guess I'm just not important. I wonder if the entire congregation just forgot about me.

Blue Grass

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Hey, you got siked!

He faked you a high five and you went for it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe it was automatic friend request from his whole email addresses list.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Im with asilentone on this.. it probably a group action frend request for all his contacts in his email program. I would avoid frending any JWs -- no good can come from it.

good luck with your online social networking.

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass
    maybe it was automatic friend request from his whole email addresses list.

He doesn't have my e-mail address. Plus we spoke once when I accepted and he made no mention of anything related to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Blue Grass

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe he does have your email address without your knowledge.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Some folks will ask to be your friend on facebook and then never really say anything directly to you. I know cuz I have some friends like that and some of those friends are family.

• asilentone
    asilentone

if he has alot of friends on his fb list, he might not have the time to contact everyone. I do not blame him.

• Scott77
    Scott77

May be that elder just wanted to monitor your postings on walls, for example, are you commenting on at JW sites? who are your friends on the list? Are you married? etc, alot of information can be obtained that way. May he is not loging in his facebook due to his being bussy. Please, use the opportunity to encourage him if possible to read CoC.

Thanks

Scott77

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

hell, i'll take the elders not caring about me and never contacting me again anytime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit