How can someone be sure that he will survive in Armageddon?

by XPeterX 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Black Sheep is right. If we could roll back time to when you were born, we could then hand you off to the following adoptive parents:

Saudia Arabia: You would then believe in Allah. You would have over 1 billion religious brothers around you in the world.

Japan: You would likely be a shintoist. (I believe this is correct)

India: Whatever their religion is.

Mexico: You would likely be a catholic

All of your beliefs were learned behavior. In any of these places, you would believe just as strongly whatever your parents and the community around you taught.

-mentallyfree31-

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Why would anyone think that a vague figurative passage from Revelation means God is soon going to kill billions of people in a war between angels and men? Worse, why are so many people in fear of God soon killing them? Religion has a lot to answer for.

• not a captive
    not a captive

If God is a being that loves us then we have nothing to worry about.

If you believe in a loving God and you have plans to be a rotten s.o.b. all your life, then you have something to worry about.

If you love God and he loves you you just don't have a problem.

Jesus knew lots of his followers couldn't read. So it doesn't make alot of sense that he would have a lot of obstacles to you or myself finding the right scroll and the right translation.

Follow Jesus the best you can. And don't get mixed up with the Witnesses.

They'll only make you crazy.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Simple, because Armageddon isn't going to happen!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have nested terms of uncertainty. "Probably you may be concealed in the day of His anger."

"Probably" means "if you do everything you are supposed to". This is not assured--Jehovah could decide that you didn't do quite enough, or that your migraine wasn't bad enough to have stopped you from getting that extra door (He doesn't suffer; He shouldn't judge). "May" means "if Jehovah feels like it".

This scripture could be reworded "If you do everything Jehovah thinks you could have done, and He feels like it, you will be concealed in the day of His anger". Two nested terms of uncertainty--you must do everything Jehovah thinks you could have done to have the chance, and if He doesn't feel like saving you, it will be a complete waste of your time.

And I thought the witlesses were against gambling.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The story of Armageddon was told by the ancients to bring reverence and power to their god ( YHWH ),

a strong and omniscient god in ancient times meant security for the people from invasive from others cultures

and civilizations. Unfortunately for the Israelites their god didn't protect them for invaders, their

embellished stories proved worthless in this case. Another take on why these stories were created was

that men who were deliberately trying to closely attach themselves to a god ( Seers ) created fear of just how

great and vengeful their god was, this sorted power elevated these men in social stature of their own culture.

The bible is full of embellished stories from this ancient civilization (the flood etc.)

Nevertheless religionists like the JWS exploited what the bible says in a effort to commercialize these stories and events.

People like C. Russell and J. Rutherford created themselves into prophetic spiritual seers in the eyes of many

which also elevated these mens personal stature within their social era.

Its all stories folks no need to worry.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The whole point is that Witnesses are not sure ! That is what keeps them on their toes, going out in Service as much as possible, attending the meetings, and spending Tuesday nights in "family study" when they want to watch t v..

First trick of the manipulator - "keep 'em guessing"

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Fear mongering religious cults have capitalized on Armageddon in a big way $$$

Even the Mormons are selling it on DVDs, Jack Van Impe is raking in the dough with his products. ( pulling in $300,000.00 a year )

To be fair though the WTS. has got to be the biggest seller in the history of their organization.

So much fear has been cultivated that people are actually giving the entire wills and estate to the WTS. to appease the god of Armageddon

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I asked a friend of mine something very s imilar who is a Bible Student:

Quick answer: Jess died for ALL. Until the Mediation begins and people enter into it, (willfully consecrating their lives to righteousness,) death will be considered a part of the result of Adam's sin and will result in a resurrection. The mediation has not begun. All who die now will be returned, to be given an opportunity for everlasting life when Satan is completely bound and they can learn of the TRUTH of God's Word in such a way that they will not be able to argue against it. None living today can be so persuasive in their witness efforts, so the listeners today are not responsible for rejecting our imperfect witness efforts.
    I believe we have been in this time of trouble for over 130 years - since our Lord returned in 1874. If all who died since then are dead forever, then none of the 50 millions+ who died in the two world wars will return! That is simply not true. They will return. "under the value of Christ ransom." I am happy to say, I am now a Bible Student and am no longer being lied to by the Society.

• linp24
    linp24

Way to go Leprechaun. I am too. The Bible Student interpretation of scripture: Jesus gave his life for the entire human family. Adam and all his offspring. Everyone will have a resurrection. And will have an opportunity to live in an earthly paradise. That's the good news that the angels sang about at the birth of Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit