What Perplexes You About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'll tell you what I just can't get.

How the hell can anyone cry wolf as many times as the Witnesses have without huge repercussions afterward? I don't get it.

"The End is sooooooooo sooooooooooo close and you BETTER get back to the Organization for protection before it is too late!!!"

Have they no shame???

• JWoods
    JWoods

I don't understand how they have put up with both Michael Jackson and the Artist Formerly Known As Prince for as long as they have in the past.

• minimus
    minimus

$$$$$$

• sd-7
    sd-7

What gets me is how they feel the same rules that are applied to discount all other religions do not apply to them. The same approach of critical thinking that people are told to subject their religions to is considered as satanic, dangerous for JWs.

Another confusing matter is, why the heck is it that no one I used to know could have a remotely intelligent discussion about the literature? It was as if I was the only one actually paying attention to what it said. Things that bothered me were just absorbed without a second thought by everyone else. (Then again, a large percentage could barely read the words correctly, much less process them beyond what the paragraph said.)

Why do they act as though there's no clergy class when the structure of the religion is virtually identical to religions that have clergy?

Why [fill in the blank]?

• minimus
    minimus

How can they with straight face say, that some blood fractions are acceptable but a Witness cannot donate their blood to others in need?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm perplexed by the amount of time witnesses spend doing pointless activities.

• minimus
    minimus

like preaching and door knocking

• JWoods
    JWoods
    $$$$$$

Oh, OK. But still ---

• minimus
    minimus

$$$$$$=

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Once I read Hassan's first book, there were no mysteries. These groups are a dime a dozen. This just happens to be the one we got mixed up in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit