The assembly mating game

by mutinyinheaven 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

When I was at school a girl asked me to go with her. I said yes, then 2 hours later broke off with her as I knew there would be hell if my family found out.

That happened to me too - that still chaps my behind. I turned down quite a few hot girls that I really liked, plus I probably looked like a complete tool to them as well. I turned down prom, going to some great concerts, etc.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

yeah, i remember being 14-17ish not baptized, but with one foot in the truth............ stayed away from girls in school.

I worked in a diffrent town, and worked late hours when I was 16ish on, did date co-workers........... they knew none of my school and witless stuff

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

LOL...I remember single brothers who'd say they were going to be "poultry inspectors" at assemblies.

They were "Checkin' out the chicks".

Assemblies are just big meat markets for single Witnesses who are tired of being single, and girls always fretted about their hair, clothes, makeup and weight like they were going to a prom or on a date.

If you were an unattractive teenager, I'm sure that assemblies were horrible experiences of realizing that you were being ignored on the sexual attaction level.

Everywhere you go at that age, it's high school.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

LOL...I remember single brothers who'd say they were going to be "poultry inspectors" at assemblies.

LOL!

• undercover
    undercover
    When I was at school a girl asked me to go with her. I said yes, then 2 hours later broke off with her as I knew there would be hell if my family found out.

I wasn't all that popular at school but there were a couple of girls that I could've "gone with" if I had tried, but I knew better than to even try. I was in high school before proms were really bashed on so dub kids did go, but I didn't. There were no JW girls in my class and I knew that I wouldn't be allowed to take a "worldy" girl, so I didn't even bother going. I was obedient to the 'no prom' rule before it was officially passed...

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember single brothers who'd say they were going to be "poultry inspectors" at assemblies.

I was in the FBI... Female Body Inspectors

Never made it to the CIA though... (let the reader use discernment)

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

My BF and I watched it- I laughed because I remember those experiences of wearing the new Frocks (yes, with nylons) doing your hair and makeup just so- and circling around the hall ways of the convention centers (in my case, the Pontiac Silverdome in Detroit- three levels of hallways to walk endlessly) looking at all the single brothers, and no one would flirt with me

My BF has never been a witness- so I had to describe more details about that, he LOL'd- but shook his head in discust when you related your experience holding hands with a girl and your father asserting that your actions could affect his position as an elder-

No freewill as a jdub, your decisions affect everyone, so don't give Jehovah a "bad name"

We had one question....did camile give that note to her mom, who in turn gave it to your parents- how did they get your note???

• Scott77
    Scott77

Even now,I feel sad that at my graduation day, my university organised a big senior bachelor's party for all of us graduating within the month. It was a majestic send off. The event took place at a hotel. All graduats were given option to invite one person. There would be a dance. I feel sad that I missed all those good times. I did not have a girl friend. Yet all my school mates had at least a partner for dance. So much for the miss out and all because I was a JW, could not mix with the worldy people. Sigh

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"(in my case, the Pontiac Silverdome in Detroit- "

CHG we probably were there at the same time! My feet used to ache from walking around on the cement floor in heels. I'm still surprised I never fell down the steps there. I kind of missed the Silverdome when we stopped going there.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Well that video sure backfired ! To me the guy comes off as a smug, calculating, psuedo intellectual sleeze ball looser and as the wolf among lambs they were always warning us about. As over the top as they are about things, JW's are better off with this guy out from among them....I suddenly see the value in disfellowshipping and keeping ones loved ones far away from this sorry excuse for a man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit