Need help picking an engagement ring

by Cagefighter 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Ladies please weigh in...

I am seriously thinking about buying an engagment this Summer. First, we are both early 30's make about the same roughly (50k) a year.

I am thinking getting a decent quality diamond .90 carat on a platinum ring... Seems to be about $3800-4500k price wise.

Please be honest....

I saw the ring her X gave her.. It was yellow gold with a white gold top where some side stones were and a .66 to center stone was set that was a "gift". Granted she picked it out.

1. My ring must be way better than the one her X gave her.

2. I won't propose without a ring so taking her to pick on out is not an option. Most places have a 30 day return/exchange policy so we could theoriticaly pick one out later if it's necessary.

• Robdar
    Robdar

If you want something unique, visit a local artisan. What you get will more than likely be one of a kind.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Cagefighter, (with all respect to you) - don't you have some serious issues there to settle first?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Because I want her not to feel like it will hurt my feelings to exchange it I want to keep it simple like this. I am just wondering if this is enough stone or if I am going cheap? Ladies your brutually honest opinion please.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

You're right JWOODS, she must attain perfection first..... uhhh no... We don't have any issues to settle. I guess that's why she is with me and not you. I accept the good, bad and ugly about the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Please be honest....
    I saw the ring her X gave her.. It was yellow gold with a white gold top where some side stones were and a .66 to center stone was set that was a "gift". Granted she picked it out.
    1. My ring must be way better than the one her X gave her.

Cagefighter, no offense meant. I WAS just being honest. Your other thread about emotional panics, how she is just opening up to you after six months, and ESPECIALLY the quote above made me ask if perhaps there were some issues.

Not meaning, of course, that perfection has to be attained. But there is no need to compare yourself to her X, or let her do that to you.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

My engagement band is pretty similar to the pic and I love it!

I would recommend spending the money on a single high quality stone. If she wants more surrounding it, let her pick out the wedding band.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Thank you Jadeen.... I know you didn't mean nothing JWOODS but she isn't making me do anything. I want it to be better than her X's because he is a loser and the reason for about half of her problems. You don't know the whole story so please don't act like it and take the thread off topic.

• JWoods
    JWoods

OK Cagefighter - I am gone.

Good Luck.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think a simple setting is nice, with a nice size stone - 1 to 2 carat. Maybe a floating/tension mount? My wedding ring was set like that. I also like white gold or platinum which to me seems so much more elegant than yellow gold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit