Question Re The UN and The R & F.

by Englishman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Is it common knowledge amongst the JW's about the WT being an NGO that was linked to the United Nations?

Or is this information just in the hands of a few elders? I'm intrigued as to whether this information about the UN has begun to trickle through to the R & F yet, and I'm also wondering if publishers will have a ready made answer (other than a library ticket)should they be confronted with this objection during the door to door work.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• badwillie
    badwillie

This is a COMPLETE cover up attempt. Elders are in the dark as much as the R & F.

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

....Havent been to the KH since last sept. but to the best of my knowlege no one knew about the UN deal exept me.........Jedd

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey E-man,I think they will do what they usualy do.Say nothing till it comes up,then try to play it off like nothing happened.We`ve all seen that over and over.I wonder how well it will work this time.Its old news to us but what happens when the r&r find out.I think we should start to see some fireworks by summer...OUTLAW

• Belligerent Paladin
    Belligerent Paladin

I have to support badwillie with this. Nobody knows. Elders, and everybody else are clueless, -just like the Jimmy Swaggart (sp) friend of the court thing.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Hi, Englishman.

Most of the active's that I know have no knowledge that it ever occurred.

• moneypenny
    moneypenny

It seems some witnesses have limited information and others none at all.

Two came to see me two days ago (both wives of elders) one said she had heard but that an apostate had put the information on the internet after stumbling across it on the UN web page and that the society had now withdrawn, the other looked completely shocked, after gathering herself promptly changed the subject and it wasn't mentioned again.

It seems to me the 'Society' is being unfair in expecting these pioneers to confront people in their homes unprepared, it is inevitable someone somewhere will eventually bring it up.

• normie67
    normie67

not a peep from the bros and sisters here in the midwest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n67

• one
    one

Start a 'chain' letter USPS and email. Brief to the point.

If you want to help someone specific but afraid of USPS stamp showing your city, ask someone else to send it from another state.

It could be the UN issue or any other...

Most people read letters, even if the burn it later.

Other wise how will they ever know?

• DIM
    DIM

my mom laughed at me when I told her about it yesterday. i told her to call the UN and she said she wouldn't believe them. so i told her to call her circuit overseer or call the WTS. we'll see what happens. it is a total cover up.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit