Questions that completely dumbfound Witnesses

by Megachusen 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

"So is the nearness of armageddon from Jehovah's perspective or from ours?"

"Why is the majority of the memorial talk dedicated to bringing in more members?"

"Who were the true worshipers of Jehovah in the 17 hundred year gap prior to Russel?"

"If God is almighty why didn't he just snap his fingers and prevent the Israelites from having to participate in wars with other nations?"

*Show the JW any writings from Russel about pyramids* "What does this mean?"

"If Satan is the greatest terrorist in history why does Jehovah feel he has to respond to his claims? Isn't that a form of negotiation?"

"Why do Satan and Jehovah refrane from all measurable contact with Humans?"

The above are all questions that have confused all the Witnesses that I've asked them to. Of course, the Jdubs then go ahead and either change the subject or tell me to wait on Jehovah

So what are some questions you've seen make JW's a little uncomfortable?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    either change the subject or tell me to wait on Jehovah

Never let them change the subject. Give them a guilt trip for avoiding your question.

tell me to wait on Jehovah

Ask them to explain it to you as though you are the Pope, the Ayatollah, or a potential victim person of good will at the door.

Cheers

Chris

• bohm
    bohm

"Do you agree being honest when educating someone and admitting your mistakes is important no matter what? ...
    i read your book about evolution, and how come francis hitchens is passed off as a mainstream evolutionist and scientist when he only has a high-school education, has never done any experimental work, never puplished an article or made a discovery and his books on evolution is stuff about 'energy' and 'lifeforce' mixed up with plaguarized creationist material? ....
    How come the FDS never told is members hitchens is NOT a good reference after they became aware of the fact? ....
    how come the book was recently (2009) featured in a magazine when it contains such a grave mistake?" ...

"If we are trying to discover what is true and what is not, what methology should we use?"

"When trying to understand a very difficult, controversial subject for the first time, is it then important to hear both sides, even the one people around you think is wrong?"

(after confirming 99.9% of all people are generally wrong religiously and mislead by satan) "Im interested in your personal oppinion. Speaking in practical terms, what mistakes have these people done to be mislead so seriously? (keep asking to get answers such as: they just choose the religion of their parent, they didnt really want to listen to the truth when they heard it but shut their ears, etc.)
    (based on the above) Lets try to see if we can agree to some simple general principles one should be guided by when searching for the truth"

etc.

Most of the above are redundant, but so are the discussions ;-). One step at a time!

• bohm
    bohm

"Lets say the bible was completely neutral on the subject of evolution - ie. it contained allmost no statements on the subjects, and could easily be interpreted both for and against. Based on what YOU know about the physical evidence for and against evolution, would you then believe evolution was true?"

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

If The WTS was selected as Gods sole Channel in 1919, then that appointment has to be kept with a very important responsibility to the subjects that adhere to it, and through the last 100 years that channel has persistently promoted failed prophecy,has been engulfed in various scandals which include association with the UN/ a scandal that affected it's own brethren in Mexico and Malawi/a change of policy that allowed Organ Transplants that were previously banned/ a world wide Child Abuse scandal/allowing 2 homosexuals to rule as members of the Governing Body, so bearing in mind the scripture in Duet 18,20-22 could it be possible that God has completely withdrawn his appointment of this earthly group? If not why not?

• designs
    designs

Most religions that are holdovers from antiquity have difficulties with modern rational thinking and science. They are looking for a cosmic answer or an apocalyptic solution.

Take care of your family, your community and this earth for all of the future generations to come, you will have done alright.

• Terry
    Terry

In the history of Jehovah's dealings with mankind, what teachings from his prophets have had to be "corrected" prior to the Watchtower era?

Why are errors permitted in the first place?

Are the Governing Body our mediator?

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

"2 homosexuals to rule as members of the Governing Body"

I personally have nothing against homosexuals at all but I know the JW's feeling on them. This comment suprised me because I've never heard about it. Who were the 2 members of the GB that were gay? Is it fact?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Blugill ; very much fact,Leo Greenleas and Ewart Chitty were removed and placed in the UK branch to comfortably see their remaining days , a victim of the vile abuse that Greenleas inflicted on is related on this very forum .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit