Officially announced at meeting: I am an ex-parrot......

by not a captive 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Notacaptive - I am moved by your words and I too hope you keep the internet. Good old Python parrot eh? This parrot is deceased...this is one dead parrot !!!

Loz x

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Congratulations.

-mentallyfree31-

• not a captive
    not a captive

Good morning, mkr--Yes, nailed to the perch no more.

Loz--We are indeed ex-parrots all-------yet oddly able to fly or at least move our wings a bit.

Mentallyfree--do I remember that you used to be an elder? Glad you are out too. Thanks for the congrats.

Back to packing--found a cash of old WT films last night. To the dumpster immediately.

One film made me think about Christians in the concentration camps. I had long said in the discussions that touched on those times--these were people following conscience more than the WTS. The "true religion' teaching hadn't poisoned the R&F who were still refered to as "Bible Students". The idea of personal faith instead of dogma was not so entrenched. I was always genuinely touched by the faith of one of the Kusserow boys facing death who said in his last letter: "Thou shall not kill. Did God write this for the trees?" I respect personal integrity. I hate that we were ultimately just parrots.----But no more.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Congrats!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Congrats, I hope I can have your attitude if/when the elders decide to X-me out via text message too

Now get busy living, keep posting on your new life experiences!

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit