607 - New 'Apostate' Light

by sweet pea 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You can get 607 without 539 so, where did 539 come from?

It's not in the bible.

• dogon
    dogon

I thought that because they used the same secular dating for the release of the jews by Cyrus to count back 70 years that they reject for the date of the destruction of the temple it completely discredited their attempt to show 607

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You use on secular date for one event, then why not use another? especially one that has more evidence for it?

There is more secular evidence for 587 than for 539.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Looks like "scholar" did another hit and run. Trying to pin him down on something is like trying to nail pudding to a wall.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Since the encyclopedias rarely change because of "new lite", I'm gonna stick with them.

-mentallyfree31-

• startingover
    startingover

I think "scholar" really loses credibility when he starts referring to himself in the third person.

For years I gave a public talk entitled "Is it time for god to rule the world?" which dealt with 607. In the talk I remember referring to the day for a year thing as a "rule". Looking back, it seems that to use the word "rule" is really assuming a lot. And just because it's mentioned somewhere in the bible, does that mean it applies to everything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit