Ugh! I just got a package in the mail from my mom

by doublelife 18 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I get kind of depressed that my aunt is contributing money for the rags and paying for the postage.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I thought you were going to say she had sent you a packet of condoms

This is the perfect opportunity for me to say something to her about it but I'm not really sure how to handle it.

Ask her how she feels about it. If she says anything that doesn't make sense, has double standards, contradicts the WT, changes the subject, etc. ask her for an explanation.

If you need to tell her something that the WT said that is relevant to the discussion, do it by asking her to read it to you.

Cheers

Chris

• doublelife
    doublelife

I quit!: You're probably right about her being insane. I don't have the magazine in front of me because I'm at work but her name is on that link I posted. The initials are RR, I think the last name is Romel.

Cagefighter: That's probably what I should start doing.

mrsjones5: My cat enjoyed tearing them up for me. lol

Dagney: I like how you handle it. That's what I'll need to do.

serenitynow!: I know. It's such a waste of money and resources.

Black Sheep: Lol! Why in the world would my mom send me a package of condoms? And yeah, that's the way Steven Hassen says to do it. Let the cult member hear themselves explain their beliefs.

• carla
    carla

You could always reciprocate and send her a little package of your own! Include C of C, Captives of a Concept, Sign of the Last Days-When?, Apocalypse Delayed, etc.... or send her a copy of their own literature- Millions Now Living Will Never Die available at LULU and other places.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

jewels, mink coats, and penthouse living.

Kind of an odd list of wealth.

Sounds like what someone would consider wealthy back in the 70's.

And why would she have a mink coat in Mexico? No one brags about mink coats anymore.

Maybe the GB has watched to many episodes of "the Jeffersons"

• Heaven
    Heaven

I had a quick look through some of the articles and a couple of things pissed me off.

doublelife... this happens every time I look through their magazines. EVERY TIME! That's why I don't look through them much anymore. Once in a very blue moon.

The whole headship thing annoys and angers me to no end. It was my 'ah-hah' moment as a teen regarding the JWs.

I told my Dad a little over a year ago that I wasn't going to be a JW. He stopped giving me the magazines. I'm not really sure why he didn't understand all these years of me telling him things like "Subjugation is oppression and oppression is evil." and "I don't want to be a part of any organization where pedophiles exist." I guess he either didn't remember these types of statements or he was ever hopeful. At any rate, there hasn't been any sort of discussion since the DC last summer where I pointed out to him that JWs have been saying Armageddon is coming soon for over 130 years and it has never arrived. No matter how you slice it, 130 years isn't soon. And JWs lose their credibility when they say things like this. I am not sure he was aware of the 130 years but give me a break Buddy. You've been spewing this for over 24 years! 24 years ain't soon either.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Maybe the GB has watched to many episodes of "the Jeffersons"

Now this here is just downright funny!

Syl

• sacolton
    sacolton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9y4iXAso4I

This would be the perfect song for "The Bethelites" tv series. Just picture the luxury lofts of the Watchtower.

• doublelife
    doublelife

carla: I certainly won't be sending her COC but I've thought about finding a source they quoted from and sending it to her to show how they either misquote or take things out of context.

aSphereisnotaCircle: Lol.

Heaven: I think I've learned that I can't look through them anymore either.

snowbird: I agree.

sacolton: Lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit