Are they deliberately trying to get rid of the "Old TImers"? (re "generation")

by hamsterbait 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The vast majority have been sucked into the Witchtower babble and Trash cult over the last 25 years.

This constant rehashing and contradicting of the "generation " teaching is bound to drive significant numbers of the pre 1985 -"ish" witlesses away from the kingdumb hells, much as "1925" drove away vast numbers who might yet undermine "JUG" Rutherfords efforts to secure his power.

They will then be able to make MAJOR revisions of what to us older ones seem like core doctrines, which will be lapped up like iced cream by those who only have the perspective of the 21 century litterature.

This is too obviously deliberate. Its not like some tiny side comment:

When the Gibbering Buddy wants some embarrassing thing to go away, Blondie has pointed out many examples, they STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

With this change They are rubbing peoples noses in it, slapping them round the head so they dont miss it.

And who are "gasping" at the CO talks? Older ones. Those who remember the history!

When these are a tiny minority, thats when they will move on the chronology, condemning the old ones that challenge it as apostates who reject noolite.

Does this make sense??

HB

• blondie
    blondie

I do know that about 9 years ago, a hot-shot young CO came through and removed about 20 old-time elders. I guess they didn't toe the line enough. Most of then had 30 to 40 years as elders, POs, city overseers, convention administrators, etc. Now they are dying one by one, saddened by the lack of love.

• sir82
    sir82
    This constant rehashing and contradicting of the "generation " teaching is bound to drive significant numbers of the pre 1985 -"ish" witlesses away from the kingdumb hells

"bound to"?

Wishful thinking.

It will be greeted with a collective yawn.

"Oh they changed the definition of generation again? That's nice. Say, I wonder where we can eat after the meeting?"

Why would JWs get so upset over a change in definition? How, exactly, does it impact their day to day life?

If they can buy 607 BCE, blood fractions that aren't really blood, disfellowshipping & shunning their own sons & daughters, etc., why would a change to "generation" suddenly make them bolt for the door?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Blondie - what was the name of this CO? It sounds like one we had years ago. He deleted dozens of elders around the circuit.

-mentallyfree31-

• logic
    logic

Well I'm 63 and they got rid of me.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

If anything, they're neglecting the younger ones.

• yknot
    yknot

rip the bandaid off already.......

Do a 28' !!!!

• agonus
    agonus

"why would a change to "generation" suddenly make them bolt for the door?"

Maybe they won't exactly bolt... but you've gotta admit, of all the ridiculous "new light" over the past couple of decades, the "overlapping" thing pretty much takes the cake. ONE single friggin' scripture to back it up - and it's an OT quote about... Joseph and his brothers? Even the most braindead of dubs has got to wonder about this one...

• cult classic
    cult classic

"Oh they changed the definition of generation again? That's nice. Say, I wonder where we can eat after the meeting?"

sir82 - That's funny. You got it though. As many have said, most witnesses don't give a hoot about doctrinal changes. They are in it for the social aspects. The ones who care about the teachings and doctrines eventually leave or resign themselves to life in the lying borg.

Cult Classic

• agonus
    agonus

Unfortunately, cc, you've got a point. However, that does go to show how little the average dub REALLY cares about Da Troof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit