Not to be morbid but are you waiting for someone to die?

by Mad Sweeney 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The ONLY reason I have not DA'd is because my mom asked me not to. I fully expect her funeral to be the last time I set foot in a Kingdom Hall (assuming I can't manage to convince enough of the family to do a secular funeral). I will thereafter become an active and aggressive member of the "vast apostate army."

Anyone else waiting on elderly family or loved ones to pass away before getting full-bore active against the Borg?

• asilentone
    asilentone

no, I am not waiting for my parents to die, they are good people, but JWs, It would be nice to get the inheritance NOW, but I am not thinking about it til afterwards.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't mean to imply any sort of eagerness about it. I LOVE Mom and an actually still a "momma's boy" after all these years, which is why I respect her request to NOT DA yet. My point is NOT that I HOPE she dies SOON or anything. It is that my hands are tied (almost literally) from making youtube videos and such while she's alive.

• changeling
    changeling

Yes. And I get what you're saying. Hugs to you.

• peaches
    peaches

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( mad sweeny ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm waiting for the WTS to die off. I'm hoping the internet will kill it before my whole family has died, wasting their lives in service of the WTS.

StAnn

• Dagney
    Dagney

I know exactly what you mean.

I was and she did, just this last December. All along I felt once mom was gone, I would be severing my contact with the JW community. But it is not working out that way. The JW friends (few) have drawn closer lately. My elder/PO brother who was shunning me decided he would not, writes, signs it "Love *****." It doesn't change the path I'm on. The separation will return.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Man does that bring back painful memories. Raised third generation by my mother, married the best woman in the world, loved her with all my heart, she was a pioneer till financial reality set in. My life was dedicated to the "truth". went to prison, childhood included beats from persectutors as well as my mother. When she died the chains of slavery to the borg fell away and the greatest fears set in, that I would lose my soul mate, the mother of my children, I went crazy with that fear, nothing was normal in my life, as if it were before her death. Our family fragmented and our children wanted nothing to do with the "truth" and we went the way of the world for awhile. My loves "conscience" got the best of her and she wanted to gather her chicks back to the fold. the stress of knowing that would never happen caused her an early death. The part of me that could love to the depths we shared died with her.

My dad was an unbeliever, and I was taught to pray for his death, so he would be resurrected, he lived a good long life, had a heart attack at 83. So I guess my answer to the morid question is "I'm waiting for my own".

• RR
    RR

My mom died tow years ago, I'm waiting for the old man to go, he's 83. We were not a close family, and sad to sayif any of my siblings passed away, I could care less.

RR

• cult classic
    cult classic

Naw, my grandmother died in 07 and my grandfather died in 08. The next generation in my family is in their early 60s so I don't expect any deaths anytime soon.

But I know what you mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit