Explaining to my wife that this stuff really happens!

by gageandalex 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Gageabdalex.........Welcome to the forum. It was always sad to hear about JW families kicking out of being too harsh with their children, because of the WTS's disfellowshipping & shunning policy.

Think About It

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! The Watchtower is nly interested in omplete submission. If you're not willing to do that, then you're dirt to evryone in your family. I too would love to talk to your wife...between StAnn and I, our wife would never have to curl her hair again!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum.

Your story is another that makes me happy I never made the mistake of baptism (cne of the few things I did get right).

My relationship with my parents is dysfunctional, but it's better than being outright shunned.

Cheers

Chris

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Makes no sense to most non-witness families. Even JWs know that it just sounds so bizarre that they don't tell non-jw's what's really going on in their families. Actually they don't tell for two reasons: (1) they think it would bring dishonor to Jehovah's name; and (2) it makes them sound petty and crazy.

I know many families who just say they have 3 children rather than have to explain why they have no contact with the fourth.

High-control groups suck.

Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like typical JW family dynamics to me. Without going into specifics, I've seen many similar things happen to friends of mine and/or their siblings.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had a friend that didn't believe me either. So he called my parents and said that he was in charge of the High School Reunion committee and was trying to contact me to invite me. My mom said..."She just moved and she has not given us her new address or phone number." (making me look like the bad person)

I had moved Years earlier, (at least 6 at this time) and had given my Listed Number, including address and name and it has never changed. I have given this information to my parents several times over the years. They still don't call.

But why lie? Why not tell the caller the truth? They could have counted their time. Aren't they supposed to use Every opportunity to witness?

Welcome.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit